Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Microsoft Office support

Ctrl+C Ctrl+V results in Paste Special

This is a discussion on Ctrl+C Ctrl+V results in Paste Special within the Microsoft Office support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, When I use Ctrl+C to copy in Excel 2010 the copying is not showing. When I press Ctrl+V in

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 04:20 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

When I use Ctrl+C to copy in Excel 2010 the copying is not showing. When I press Ctrl+V in the cell where the contents need to get copied, it automatically turns Paste Special. I am not able to copy formula to the new cell. The OS is Windows 7.

This problem started appearing from last week when I was using Excel 2007. Excel 2010 was installed and the problem continues.

Request a solution to this nagging issue.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:37 AM   #2
Registered Member

first thing that comes to mind:
-Check your shift key isnt stuck down
-check you dont have sticky-keys enabled

holding the shift key whilst pressing ctrl+v is the shortcut to paste special.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:03 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hi Thanks. However, neither Sticky Keys are Turned On nor the Shift Key is stuck. Shift key works perfectly for other operations.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #4
- Microsoft Support
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Hi Nar Pan,

It seems a recent Skype Click-to-Call browser add-in is causing problems like your pasting issues on many systems. If you have that, you may need to disable or uninstall the add-in until Skype releases a fix.

Old 04-03-2012, 01:59 AM   #5
Registered Member

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the solution. In fact I downloaded Skype Click-to-call feature. Can you also tell me how to disable the feature.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:06 AM   #6
- Microsoft Support
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

You uninstall it the same as most other software - from the Programs and Features applet in the Windows Control Panel

Old 04-03-2012, 02:18 AM   #7
Registered Member

Thank you very much. I have uninstalled Skype Click-to-call. Hope it works from now on.