Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Microsoft Office support

black line runing down side of pc

This is a discussion on black line runing down side of pc within the Microsoft Office support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hello, could you please advise me how to remove a black line which is running down the lefthand side of

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
Registered Member

hello, could you please advise me how to remove a black line which is running down the lefthand side of my pc monitor, it is about one and a half inch in width, it is as though my desktop has moved over to the righthand side, making it impossible to read the stuff on the far right of the screen and I cannot select the close and minimise icons. I have done a system restore but this has not helped, this had just appeared and nothing new has been recently installed onto the system. any help would be most appreciated kind regards Lynda

Old 03-20-2012, 05:59 AM   #2
Enthusiast

Try using the monitor's adjustment controls to shift the image horizontally over to the left.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hi, Thank you so much for this response, I had tried everything I could think of, with no sucess, didn't think to use the monitor buttons, I have just done so and the problem is sorted.

THANK YOU

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting 'windows has encountered a problem and needs to shut down' on startup
Every time i startup my computer i get the same message. Not only on startup, but when i skip that error message and click on a program, any program, i get the same error message again. I am currently using my laptop to type this. A couple or so of times after starting up the computer, i have also...
jamestt Windows XP Support 8 04-02-2012 08:11 PM
Gaming PC Components List
Me and my friend have put together this list of components for a gaming PC, and we think it would work, but want to check before we buy anything, so here's the list, do you think that there are any problems with building a pc from these components? -Corsair H40 Hydro water cooling -AMD...
simonturner34 Building 29 03-28-2012 02:12 PM
[SOLVED] pc shuuting down and reboots over and over please help
ok, i get on the internet and sometimes the pc shuts down and reboots over and over. i ran scans no virus. i reinstalled Os, and same problem. any ideas what it can be? do i need to get new OS,or hard drive? please help
torrk Windows XP Support 10 03-19-2012 06:09 PM
How can I create an exact duplicate of my Hard Drive Disk?
I'm trying to create an image file of my HDD for archival/backup purposes, in case something goes haywire (I recently lost a massive amount of data). Will a VHD (Vitual Hard Disk) image do this for me? If not, what would be the proper procedure? Thanks in advance!
Crystatic Hard Drive Support 3 03-19-2012 04:40 PM