Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Microsoft Office support

access 2003 addquery counts deleted records

This is a discussion on access 2003 addquery counts deleted records within the Microsoft Office support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Every week I receive two queries which I import in access so i can put them together, do some filtering,

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 12:02 AM   #1
Registered Member

Every week I receive two queries which I import in access so i can put them together, do some filtering, counting, aggregating etc.

Because the imported tables have some relationships i chose to import into an existing table instead of creating a new one each time. Before I do this I remove all data.

However, when I ran an addquery, the sum of a field is much higher then when I add up all records myself. I thought I made a mistake so I deleted all data and imported the result again to have a fres set. When I ran the query again, the sum was even higher. Instead of calculating the sum i chose group by. Then I get to see the expected records. When I do sum again. The result is too high.

It appears as if the deleted records are still taken into account when I aggregate to a sum or count. Does anyone have some experience with this? I'd like to know what is happening an more than that, how to fix it?

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EXCEL 2003 problem for an expert
Hello I have an Excel question for... I guess anyone that can answer it. The problem is, I'm not quite sure how to ask it. So, I'll be as descriptive as possible. I have tried every possible search using every bit of Excel terminology I can think of. But that is part of the problem. If I knew...
never_clever Microsoft Office support 3 03-31-2012 04:20 AM
Have internet but cant access internet or play games
Hello all...Im sure there is a post bout this somewhere but there are thousands of threads :/ But here we go. My computer it connected to the internet wirelessly but i cant broswe the web or play video games online. I am an avid world of warcraft player but it tells me i cannot connect to...
Dunner4804 Networking Support 29 03-29-2012 07:58 PM
SBS 2003 to SBS 2011 migration and applications included?
Hello, this is my first time working with any MS SBS server. We currently have a SBS 2003 server and are going to be upgrading to a new seperate server with SBS 2011. My question is, when I run the migration process from old SBS server to new SBS 2011 server, does it also include the migration...
belnetsolutions Windows Servers 1 03-29-2012 08:50 AM
Computer connected but cannot access the internet
Windows vista home premium sp. 1 Toshiba Satellite L305 Intel Pentium Dual CPU t3400 @ 2.16GHz 2.17 Ghz RAM: 3.00 GB 32-bit says that I am connect but cannot access the internet. when i click diagnose this problem, it also mentions the network adapter Atheros AR50073g wireless network...
Brown_Penny Cabling and Network Cards 2 03-29-2012 01:46 AM
Cisco ASA 5505 and no internet access help
Hello, So we are currently having issues implementing a new Cisco ASA 5505 into our network. We are replacing an older Sonicwall and are new to the world of Cisco. Just as some background information, we currently have a SBS 2003 server and a Sonicwall VPN Firewall that houses DHCP (yes, the...
belnetsolutions Protocols and Routing 0 03-28-2012 05:10 PM