Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

when clicking reply to on craigslist multiple pop ups!

This is a discussion on when clicking reply to on craigslist multiple pop ups! within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I cleaned up my friends computer and it shows no infections left. She is using IE6., WINXP SP2. When going

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 09:22 AM   #1
Registered Member

I cleaned up my friends computer and it shows no infections left. She is using IE6., WINXP SP2. When going to craigslist and clicking on the email to the seller link, it brings up 50 to 68 blank page pop up windows....what the heck?

Never seen anything like this before. They are not using outlook, but it should not be acting like this. Anybody have any clues?

Old 03-11-2008, 02:05 PM   #2
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft Support

OS: XP Home SP3 x3 /XP Pro SP3/Vista Ultimate SP2/Win7 Pro 64-BIT

Hello and Welcome to TSF

What are the pop up pages? They are obviously ads. I think your still infected.

Please read this sticky: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f112...ed-203704.html

If you cannot complete any of the 5 steps for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed, and post your logs in The HJT Help Forum; where an Analyst will assist you. However, it is very important to make mention of any of the steps that you were not able to complete.

After you’ve posted your logs, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are very busy.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:57 PM   #3
Registered Member

The pop up pages are literally blank and only show the this in the address bar: mailto:sale-603137108@craigslist.org <sale-603137xxx@craigslist.org> or whoever the email is to. It's just odd cause the pages are blank, with the exception of what is in the address bar.

In the meantime, I will go over all the steps you mentioned above.

Thanks so much for the quick reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekgirl View Post
Hello and Welcome to TSF

What are the pop up pages? They are obviously ads. I think your still infected.

Please read this sticky: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f112...ed-203704.html

If you cannot complete any of the 5 steps for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed, and post your logs in The HJT Help Forum; where an Analyst will assist you. However, it is very important to make mention of any of the steps that you were not able to complete.

After you’ve posted your logs, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are very busy.