Websense Sucks!

This is a discussion on Websense Sucks! within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i probabally sound like a n3wb for asking, but I have to. Does anyone know a way to escape the

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 09:12 AM   #1
Registered Member

My System

i probabally sound like a n3wb for asking, but I have to. Does anyone know a way to escape the gaping maws of websense? Proxies work, but the more visits the site recieves, the higher priority they are on the websense database, and consequently some fat moderator, with lasts night's fried chicken stuck between his double chins, blocks the site.(That is not my impression of this forum's moderators, just to be clear). They have done a wonderfully infruriating job of blocking nearly all proxies. i happen to find new ones every once in a while that work, but then they dont. They block all the .com, .org, and .info proxies, and since I am not admin, i cannot install a computer based proxy. Any advice (or just write me off, scold me and threaten to tell my mother )

Old 01-08-2008, 03:00 AM   #2
Registered Member

My System

Do you know a way to get around the "quota time" thing. I get 60 mins but i can only take it in 10 min sessions, if i only go on a shopping website for 2 mins it still takes 10 mins off my quota time nightmare!!.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:04 AM   #3
Registered Member

My System

"Quota Time"? I am not sure I follow. Like, you only have a limited (timed)session, and it boots you off after the time has expired?
Old 01-08-2008, 01:18 PM   #4
Registered Member

My System

yeh not for all websites. like 'internet auctions' is filtered when i try and go on eBay, i think it all depends on how the company has the web server set up
Old 01-08-2008, 02:09 PM   #5
Registered Member

My System

Pin

yeah, I know what what your talking about, the only thing is, that as far i understand, that is not something that can be fixed via proxy, or other filter beaters; it ia private server deal. if you could access Ebay's private server (which you can't) you could change that kind of stuff.

Anyway- Anyideas about Websense.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:29 PM   #6
Registered Member

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagar.James View Post
i probabally sound like a n3wb for asking, but I have to. Does anyone know a way to escape the gaping maws of websense? Proxies work, but the more visits the site recieves, the higher priority they are on the websense database, and consequently some fat moderator, with lasts night's fried chicken stuck between his double chins, blocks the site.(That is not my impression of this forum's moderators, just to be clear). They have done a wonderfully infruriating job of blocking nearly all proxies. i happen to find new ones every once in a while that work, but then they dont. They block all the .com, .org, and .info proxies, and since I am not admin, i cannot install a computer based proxy. Any advice (or just write me off, scold me and threaten to tell my mother )
If you are able to access logmein.com and have a home internet connection, install the software at home and remotely control your home pc from work having full access to the internet. worked for me!

cplbenji
Old 06-30-2009, 06:56 AM   #7
Registered Member

EEK!

I went through a list of about 100+ proxies and almost gave up because websense blocked almost every one of them...
but then I found
https://www.beatfiltering.com/

enjoy