Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

Web page unavailable after connection

This is a discussion on Web page unavailable after connection within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. HI! I'm using Dell computer with Windows XP Home. I can connect to the internet via modem, after succesful connection,

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 02:33 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to guysmiley

HI! I'm using Dell computer with Windows XP Home. I can connect to the internet via modem, after succesful connection, I get 'web page unavailable' not matter what web address is entered. I think the problem is in settings in Internet Explorer (Internet options) that I cannot figure out what is the problem. Please Help ASAP. Thanks!

Old 04-04-2006, 01:20 PM   #2
Registered Member

Have you contacted your ISP(internet service provider)? It is something on their end if they set u up....or did u manually set this up yourself from like aol, or something?

Old 04-10-2006, 01:58 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to guysmiley
This computer uses a dial-up connection that is also used by 2 other computers in the same house. It is the only on the one PC that we continually get the 'page cannot be displayed' response. Therefore, I think it is something about the settings of that particular PC. The other 2 connect just fine. What else can I do?
Old 06-05-2007, 02:32 AM   #4
Sfr
Registered Member

Im having the same problem maybe i did somethink with my connection options :/ When i want to enter any website i get "is currently unavailable" plz help :
Old 06-05-2007, 04:06 AM   #5
Happy to support TSF!

My System

First thing to check would be firewall..try temporarily disabling it to see if you can get webpages then.

Also, are you able to successful ping requests?
Old 06-05-2007, 05:25 AM   #6
Sfr
Registered Member

It isnt firewall or ping... here my sceenshot http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aaaaaaapl2.jpg and websites to have the same problem
Old 06-05-2007, 11:32 AM   #7
Happy to support TSF!

My System

Looks like you may have a malware infection. Please read the following link carefully and follow the instructions on the steps to take before posting a HJT log file:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...sting-log.html
Old 06-05-2007, 11:53 AM   #8
Sfr
Registered Member

hmmm... but now im using Opera becouse i cant open websites with IE so how do i ascces to panda scan and other microsoft stuff :/ and
Quote:
Originally Posted by guysmiley View Post
This computer uses a dial-up connection that is also used by 2 other computers in the same house. It is the only on the one PC that we continually get the 'page cannot be displayed' response. Therefore, I think it is something about the settings of that particular PC. The other 2 connect just fine. What else can I do?
looks like he connect with other 2 connects and IE working well so i think it is connections setting or something :
Old 06-05-2007, 06:15 PM   #9
Happy to support TSF!

My System

Regarding the 5 step process, just do all the bits you can and explain in your log what you haven't been able to do and i'm sure that will be fine.

As for 'guysmiley' - malware could well be the cause just as well as internet/connection settings. The other two machines may have adequate protection and may not have been the machine to get directly infected. It could also be firewall related so we need more info such as a ping test result or attempts to use a different browser as that will help diagnose a connection issue.