Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

Sorry, the page you requested was not found

This is a discussion on Sorry, the page you requested was not found within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i'm using window XP Home Edition- SP2- 180 GB harddrive and 512 MB of memory. Lately, i was unable to

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 05:36 PM   #1
Registered Member

i'm using window XP Home Edition- SP2- 180 GB harddrive and 512 MB of memory. Lately, i was unable to use Internet Explorer to surf the net. when ever i type in any addresses ..the page always display this site http://www.yahoo.akadns.net/
which said Sorry, the page you requested was not found. whenever i try to surf other sites it automatically goes to this site for some reason. I had used Bitdefender to scan for virus and it showed no virus had found..
so how do i solve this problem?
thank in advance

Old 10-07-2005, 06:48 PM   #2
TSF Team Emeritus

My System

Let's go through the standards first, and see what happens.

On-line Scanners
Scan your pc with 2 of these free online scanners:
Panda ActiveScan
RAV AntiVirus
Housecall. Be sure to put a check the box beside AutoClean.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download / Install / Update / and Run:
Adaware SE check for any updates before running it.
Get the plug-in for fixing VX2 variants. You can download it at this SITE
To run this tool, install to the hard drive, then open Ad-aware->Add-ons and select VX2 Cleaner. Then click Run Tool and OK to start it. If it's clean, it will say Status System Clean. Otherwise, you will have to click on the Clean button to remove the VX2 infection.

Download and install Spybot S&D . Run Spybot and click on the 'Search for Updates' button. Install any updates that are available. Next click on the 'Check for Problems' button. Let it run the scan. If it finds something, check all those in RED and hit the Fix Selected Problems button. Exit Spybot. If you keep getting the DSO Exploit entries, even after you updated Windows and fixed them, then download the Spybot DSO Exploit Fix and install it over the current Spybot installation.

Old 10-08-2005, 05:15 AM   #3
Registered Member

though i was able to use Firefox to surf net????
iwll try those...thank
Old 10-08-2005, 05:24 AM   #4
Registered Member

unable to make online scan since im using firefox. unable to install syod . there was a error message said the error code is 404. i made a ad-adware edition scan . no threat detected
Old 10-10-2005, 01:10 PM   #5

locate your hosts file. Not hosts.sam, the one with no file extension.
Win98/me it is c:\windows\hosts
XP
C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Single left click to select, hold down shift key and right click on it , choose open with, choose notepad, but make sure always use is NOT checked and choose okay.
If there is a bunch of urls and IP addresses listed, copy and paste here so we can tell you which to delete.
It sounds like malware
Old 10-10-2005, 02:19 PM   #6
Registered Member

i dont know how it works again but yeah ..i was able to surf the net by IE again.
thank you for ur help. guys