Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

[SOLVED] MSN Explorer (IE7) keeps freezing up radomly

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] MSN Explorer (IE7) keeps freezing up radomly within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello everyone, Two to three times per day, my internet connection freezes up randomly (no particular website), forcing me to

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 03:21 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello everyone,

Two to three times per day, my internet connection freezes up randomly (no particular website), forcing me to Cntl-Alt-Delete and shut down my internet connection.

Computer particulars are as follows:
Dell XPS 420
Intel (R) Core (TM) 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz
4GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
Vista Home Premium 32 Bit with SP1
Internet Explorer 7
ISP is Qwest and running MSN Premium Explorer

At any given point in time, if I try to navigate to a website, the computer will just freeze and the top of the webpage will tell me that "MSN Explorer is not responding", forcing me to close down the internet connection. It will also freeze sometimes when I just try to open up my email.

I tried to see if there were any other threads addressing this issue, but none were apparent to me.

Any thoughts?

Thx

Old 12-10-2008, 02:36 AM   #2
Team Manager
-Microsoft Support
-Home Support

Hello

sorry i am not familiar with MSN Premium Explorer, can you please explain it

“You can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.” ~ Jim Carrey (Ceremony speech)
Old 12-11-2008, 10:57 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for the response.

I have Qwest DSL as my ISP, and it uses MSN Premium Explorer to access the internet. I also have IE7 on my computer.

I guess I don't know whether MSN Premium Explorer accesses the internet independently from IE7 or not. Don't know what other information you may require about MSN Explorer, but this is about all I know. Please let me know if you need any more specifics.

Thanks
Old 12-12-2008, 12:00 AM   #4
Registered Member

Okay, I learned something new today. In responding to the message from Go The Power, I wrote that I really wasn't sure if MSN Explorer connected to the internet independently from IE7. I called Qwest Customer Support (Qwest is my ISP provider - and they use MSN Explorer) and spent about 45minutes with their technical support person. While we were troubleshooting, I asked if MSN Explorer connected to the internet independently from IE7, and he said "yes".

The problem appeared to be that the version of MSN Explorer that I loaded earlier this year (v9.5) has been upgraded to a newer version (v9.6). The difference is that the newer version is more stable than the earlier version. The new version does not download automatically (like many Microsoft products do), so I had to delete MSN from my computer and then download the newer version after that, using IE7.

So far.........it seems to have eliminated the freezing.

Just thought that I would pass this information along to anyone who may encounter a similar problem.

For the time being, I'm a happy camper.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:16 AM   #5
Team Manager
-Microsoft Support
-Home Support

glad to hear it is solved

this thread is marked solved

“You can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.” ~ Jim Carrey (Ceremony speech)
Closed Thread