Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] IE9 taking a long time to start

27K views 47 replies 5 participants last post by  rasmasyean 
#1 ·
It takes a while for it to start and I tried this solution but it didn't work.

Internet Explorer 8 and Internet Explorer 9 take longer than expected to start

I tried the "IE9 (without add-ons)" from the start menu and it comes up pratically instantly.

I even tried to uninstall stuff from the "Program Files" that I think might be related to IE and it still didn't do anything.

I also removed all search providers and accelertors except Bing because it doesn't let you.

Please offer any suggestions.

Thanks.

#5 ·
Re: IE9 taking a long time to start

how do you delete the add-on? It only shows "Remove" for Accelerators and Serach Providers. I was only able to "Disable" the Add-on, but it's still in the list. What I'm saying is that after all this...IE still starts slow.

#7 ·

OK, let me clarify.

I disable ALL add-ons.

I delete ALL Accelerators AND Search Providers.

I uninstalled everything that could be IE related.

I reset the browser settings.

I deleted all history.

It still starts up slow compared to launching Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons) from the start menu.

#11 ·

I never installed the Toolbar. I had a "Bing toolbar" that prolly got installed with some other stuff, but I uninstalled that. "Google Toolbar" doesn't show in the Add-ons list either.

Is there a way to uninstall the browser and then reinstall it?

#12 ·

OK, I uninstalled IE9 from the Windows Update and it went to IE8.

But now the windows starts up fast but the home page takes a long time to load.
I tried different home pages and it doesn't make a difference.
I also tried Firefox and it comes up fast.

So it's not the "connection", but something weird is going on with my IE.

#13 · (Edited)

If you have Spybot,disable the immunization and the Tea Timer. If not, temporarily disable your AV. If that solves the problem, well at least we've isolated it.

#15 ·

I've been assuming connection is set to Automatic. Does using Blank Page as your homepage speed things up? Finally run chkdsk/f from the Command Prompt.

#16 ·

You are right. The "Blank Page" as your homepage speeds it up.

Do this chkdsk in a CMD?

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk /f
The type of the file system is NTFS.
Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)​

And also, if I retrieve a page in the blank page, the first one is slow. The next one is fast.

#17 ·

Open up Notepad => Click on Format => Make sure Word wrap does Not have a tick next too. If it does just click it to turn of Word Wrap. Close notepad.

• Click Here to download ToolbarCop. Save it to your desktop.
  • Go to your desktop and extract toolbarcop.zip.
  • Go to the extracted files
  • Double click on Toolbarcop.exe
  • Click on the notepad symbol:
  • A notepad file should pop up, please copy and paste Everything from the notepad file and paste it back into this thread.

#18 ·

Open up Notepad => Click on Format => Make sure Word wrap does Not have a tick next too. If it does just click it to turn of Word Wrap. Close notepad.

• Click Here to download ToolbarCop. Save it to your desktop.
  • Go to your desktop and extract toolbarcop.zip.
  • Go to the extracted files
  • Double click on Toolbarcop.exe
  • Click on the notepad symbol:
  • A notepad file should pop up, please copy and paste Everything from the notepad file and paste it back into this thread.
It doesn't work. It says it's missing mscomctl.ocx. It looks like that was made for Windows XP. I'm using Windows Vista.

#19 ·

It works on Vista.

Do a search on your computer for MSCOMCTL.OCX if you find it copy it into C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.

The press the Windows Key (on the keyboard) + R key. A run box should appear copy and paste the following line into the run box:

REGSVR32 MSCOMCTL.OCX

Press Enter

Restart your computer, then try Toolbar cop again.

#23 ·

It's part of your OS. Go to folder options and show hidden files and folders. Also to be sure, uncheck hide protected operating system files. After you find it, be sure to change the settings back.

#24 ·

OK, I found it and it works. The Office stuff I just installed, but I disabled them anyway. I don't know why it says Enabled.

ToolbarCop - Browser Add-on Report
--------------------------------------------------------------

Browser Extension: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4F3C-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~4\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll - Enabled - All Users

Browser Extension: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~4\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL - Enabled - All Users

Toolbar: (Empty) - {CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - (empty) - Enabled - All Users

BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~4\Office12\GRA8E1~1.DLL - Enabled - All Users

Menu Extension: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - - res://C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~4\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000 - Enabled - Current User

Run - Startup: WindowsWelcomeCenter - - rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter - Enabled - Current User

Run - Startup: Sidebar - - C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun - Enabled - Current User

Run - Startup: NUSB3MON - - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renesas Electronics\USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver\Application\nusb3mon.exe" - Enabled - All Users

Run - Startup: ASUS ShellProcess Execute - - "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite II\ASUS Mobilink\Simulator\AsShellProcess.exe" - Enabled - All Users

Run - Startup: LogitechCommunicationsManager - - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\LogiShrd\LComMgr\Communications_Helper.exe" - Enabled - All Users

Run - Startup: LVCOMSX - - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\LogiShrd\LComMgr\LVComSX.exe" - Enabled - All Users

Run - Startup: GrooveMonitor - - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe" - Enabled - All Users

List of running Processes
--------------------------------------------------------------
C:\Program Files (x86)\Renesas Electronics\USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver\Application\nusb3mon.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite II\ASUS Mobilink\Simulator\AsShellProcess.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\LogiShrd\LComMgr\Communications_Helper.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\LogiShrd\LComMgr\LVComSX.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\x86\SetPoint32.exe
C:\Users\Storm\Downloads\toolbarcop\Toolbarcop.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

Operating System details
----------------------------------------------------------
Operating System: Windows NT 6.0
Build: 6002
Service Pack level: Service Pack 2

#25 ·

OK, so I tried to uninstall that Office just in case and you know what? That ToolBarCop doesn't work anymore. It says that file is missing again.

I tried to register it again but it didn't work. When I registered it before and now, it gave me this message:

The module "MSCOMCTL.OCX" may not compatible with the version of Windows that you're running. Check if the module is compatible with an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of regsvr32.exe.
Both times (before and now) it gave the same message. But now ToolBarCop doesn't work.

#27 ·

Well, it does say:

Component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.​

So, maybe when I uninstalled the Office, it took away some other dlls or whatever that that ToolBarCop needed.

What is this line?

Toolbar: (Empty) - {CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - (empty) - Enabled - All Users​

I actually tried to disable and delete it, but it wouldn't let me. One of the actions (I forgot which of the 2) caused it to duplicate the line with one "enabled" and the other "disabled". The other action caused some runtime error.

And I'm not sure what this ToolBarCop does, but I uninstalled my "ASUS AI Suite" for the motherboard, but it still lists this line which is no longer in Task Manager.

C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite II\ASUS Mobilink\Simulator\AsShellProcess.exe​

#28 ·

How long ago did you install Vista?

This line:

Toolbar: (Empty) - {CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - (empty) - Enabled - All Users

Is a left over part of AVG.

Go to where you have Toolbare.exe right click on it and click on Run as Admin Once it is open find the following entries:

Right click on each of the above and click Delete, then click Yes when prompted

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.