Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

[SOLVED] IE7 won't load

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] IE7 won't load within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi......the reason i am here is because my IE7 will not load, it was working fine and one day i

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 04:12 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi......the reason i am here is because my IE7 will not load, it was working fine and one day i went to the library with my laptop and it just stopped working, it said " Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage "........so when i got home i uninstalled it and re-installed it again, and it still didn't work, althoguh my firefox worked, i try'd installing IE6 and it didn't work either, the only way it worked was if i went to the location of the IE6 folder and clicked from there, but every time i copy paste it or move it to my desktop it would not work and if it did it wouldnt work properly (work onces in a while but not all the time).........so at the end of it all i just re-installed the IE7 and desided to get some help from you guys, i currently have IE7 but doesn't work, it just sais " Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage "........my firefox and everything else works fine though.......could someone please help me?

Please and thank you

PM

Old 10-16-2007, 02:27 AM   #2
Team Manager
-Microsoft Support
-Home Support

Hello and welcome back o TSF

What firewall do you have?

“You can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.” ~ Jim Carrey (Ceremony speech)
Old 10-16-2007, 07:10 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hi go the power!.....it's a mcafee i downloaded from limiwire.....i truely don't think it is the culprit since it has never given me a problem, i've had it for months and this incident just happened about 4 days ago....BTW it seems i still have IE6, even after i downloaded and installed IE7, they are both their....it's weird.......thanks hope to hear from you soon.....(also before i forget, the past 3 days the firewall hasnt been functioning because i inabled it and it needs IE to anable it).....BYE!

PM
Old 10-17-2007, 02:53 AM   #4
Manager, TSF Articles

My System

Send a message via MSN to JohnthePilot

I suugest you enable the Windows Firewall as soon as possible and remove McAfee. Three days is a long time to be without a firewall. I would also suggest that you stop using Limewire or any other P2P program as these are notorious for allowing malware onto your machine. Further, we do not giving any advice regarding problems that arise out of the use of these programs. Once the Windows firewall is in place you should run an anti-virus scan and a (preferably more) anti-malware scan using such things as SpyBot and Ad Aware. If the problem persists follow the first four steps in the five steps here. If there is any indication of malware or the problem still persists, follow the fifth step and post a Deckard's System Scan log in the HijackThis Log Help forum. If you do do this you will need to be patient as our analysts are very busy.

Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Old 10-17-2007, 07:02 AM   #5
Registered Member

Hi john the pilot, i just did the first step (didn't have any malware), but the rest of the steps they required IE (wich i don't have).....regarding the mcphee and firewall those issues i also resolved, I highly doubt this problem is caused by malware or anything else of that matter (i protect my pc very well with all the anti-spyware and malware recommended in this sight)........like i said, my IE6 works but when i installed the IE7 it did't update the IE6, instead it just installed seperately and it doesn't work.........i tryd to uninstall both...the IE6 and the IE7 but the IE6 didn't want to unistall, i thoguht if maybe i coul uninstall that i could start from scratch but it couldn't.........i ran spybot and ad-aware and avg-anti virus and spyware...and im' clean from viruses, spyware, adware ect.........my PC over all is in execellent performance (besides this issues).....hope to hear from you guys..bye.

PM
Old 10-17-2007, 07:16 AM   #6
Registered Member

Hi guy's, the problem is resolved....sorry for your time...bye.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:44 AM   #7
Manager, TSF Articles

My System

Send a message via MSN to JohnthePilot

That's OK. Glad you got it sorted.

Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Old 10-18-2007, 03:10 AM   #8
Team Manager
-Microsoft Support
-Home Support

I am glad to hear you got your problem solved

“You can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.” ~ Jim Carrey (Ceremony speech)
Closed Thread