Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

[SOLVED] Can't install adobe flash player on IE.

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Can't install adobe flash player on IE. within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Been trying to install Adobe Flash Player 11 for about 2.5 hours just so I can stream games on my

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
Registered Member

My System

Been trying to install Adobe Flash Player 11 for about 2.5 hours just so I can stream games on my new rig. I am so furious right now that my 7.2 indexed pc can't install stupid adobe flash player.

I have done every single possible thing I have read on the internet to try and resolve this problem but nothing works. Even tried calling adobe but they wanted 29$ for assistance with flash player.

Sorry for the tension I am just getting so sick of this, it took me 2 hours to put the pc together and I've spent longer than that just trying to get adobe installed.

Java also will not install.

I got flash player to install for mozilla (which wont work for the streaming program). But when I have pandora open in full screen, if I try to drag it to my other monitor it will drop the tab and re maximize it. Like it's hard to explain but there is definitely something wrong with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stupid error.PNG
Views:	76
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	112566  

Old 07-13-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

This is what I have for troubleshooting Flash Flash Player games, video, or audio don't work | Windows this one may help with program install problems Error and this one for troubleshooting in Firefox Firefox Web Browser

You could try the Java downloads from Old Version of Java Download - OldApps.com just ensure you select the correct version for either a 32 or 64 bit browser or both.

Favourite when difficulties in downloading/installing any program is to try it in Safe Mode with Networking via F8 on bootup, but it could just as easily be your AV.

Hope this will be of some help.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:10 PM   #3
Registered Member

My System

Will this flash player only work with IE 9? I am also unable to install IE 9 for some reason through windows updates.

I get this error.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	code 3 error.PNG
Views:	46
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	112572  
Old 07-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlydubz View Post
Will this flash player only work with IE 9? I am also unable to install IE 9 for some reason through windows updates.

I get this error.
To have updated Flash or Java in either IE or Firefox you have to download them in their respective browsers, think it may have something to do with the plug-ins

As for the failed IE9 install - Snap !

My IE9 seemed to be taking it's time in loading sites and have had to give it a poke with a refresh.

Neither clearing the cache or resetting it to default helped, so thought a reinstall would help.

Used the desktop Browser Choice icon route as that has proved the most reliable with it being chewy sometimes from MS, but not tonight or rather early this morning.

Run the auto fixit without success even though it reported it as Fixed then decided to opt for the restore point.

Even tried it in Safe Mode without success, but found out that in Safe Mode with Networking, Windows Updates aren't an option, so at least I've learned something new

Got IE9 back but the pinned icon still has the IE8 look about it.

That may be the best route for you so you'll have at least what you had before.

Run the troubleshooters in their respective browsers as well as a fix for IE won't be a fix for Firefox and vice versa.

The one for Firefox is specifically for its plug-ins and after you've clicked on each of those that are showing as requiring updating, you may have to run the link after each op - can't remember now as it's been a little while since I last needed it.

I only had the one failed update with an error showing as 3105 I think, but you have 2 failed updates on a code 3.

Have you tried that desktop IE troubleshoot icon that gets installed, although it didn't work for me but I couldn't be chewed to work my way through all the alternatives.

I'll have a google and see what comes up for the code 3.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

Couldn't find anything for Code 3, try the destop troubleshooter icon which may have a direct link or the update troubleshooter via Ctrl Panel/All Ctrl Panel Items/Troubleshooting/System & Security.

EDIT This is what I get from that troubleshooting icon which I've just found on a google search Troubleshoot problems when you cannot install Internet Explorer 9 but I think I'll have to uninstall IE9 again first, otherwise it won't have anything to fix (?)
Old 07-14-2012, 01:54 AM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

Suppose you could try this MS .NET Framework repair tool for the failed IE9 install, haven't tried it on my other laptop yet. Download: .NET Framework Repair Tool - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details
Old 07-14-2012, 05:47 AM   #7
Registered Member

My System

So some wicked strange phenomena happened today. I logged on ready for the onslaught of regretting new hardware... And IE 9 is somehow successfully installed on my computer. Although I still cannot get adobe flash player to install. :'(
Old 07-14-2012, 07:33 AM   #8
Registered Member

My System

Great news Tomken15~! I did a fresh re-install of windows 7 and I was able to successfully install internet explorer 9, java, and flash player for both IE and Firefox! Thanks for your time sir, have a great weekend!
Old 07-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #9
TSF Enthusiast

Lucky you

I still can't get IE9 to install with the same failed to install message.

There's a couple of things I want to try first but I won't/shouldn't have to go that far, as I'll be able to restore with last month's system image disks.

Perhaps that's something you should get into the habit of doing and then there won't be a need for such drastic recovery steps

You have a great weekend too, which you'll be able to enjoy all the better now
Old 07-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #10
TSF Enthusiast

Just as an update to this as we shared similar IE9 install problems, I ran the MS .NET Framework repair tool from my link in Post #6, left it running as advised while retrying the failed operation and IE9 installed without any problem whatsoever.

Something else that may help others with similar problems should they come visiting looking for a miscellaneous solution.