Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

[SOLVED] Cant connect to certain websites.

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Cant connect to certain websites. within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi I've just bought a new PC which I am having problems connecting to the internet Certain websites simply refuse

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 05:22 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi

I've just bought a new PC which I am having problems connecting to the internet

Certain websites simply refuse to load whilst others work. I have the computer linked up to a router which another computer is running off, the other computer goes to the sites fine.

So, I took the base unit back to the shop.. they connected up straight away. They suggested it must be the ISP, I called them and checked and there are no blocks or anything on their side (confirmed I think by the fact all other computers in the house have no issue)

I have tried on both IE9 and also Firefox.

The error message simply says "IE cannot display the webpage", the diagnose issue doesnt find anything, it says "Your computer appears to be correctly configured but the website is not responding".

I've tried ipconfig /flushdns already.

Does anyone have any idea?

Old 07-24-2011, 05:37 AM   #2
Registered Member

Hmmm that's really weird try it with a few more browsers on your other computers.

Old 07-24-2011, 06:08 AM   #3
Registered Member

I don't know what that proves? But ok, other computer works with IE9 and Firefox.

The other computers are all working fine, its just the new one i have a problem with.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:56 AM   #4
Team Manager
-Microsoft Support
-Home Support

What websites are they? Are they ALL of the them or HTTP S sites?

Do other apps that require the internet work?

“You can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.” ~ Jim Carrey (Ceremony speech)
Old 07-24-2011, 07:02 AM   #5
Registered Member

I can get on things like google, facebook, and I've logged into my account on a few websites.

The particular website I'm having trouble with is Blizzard Entertainment.

Not quite sure what you mean by other apps that require the internet.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:19 PM   #6
Team Manager
-Microsoft Support
-Home Support

For example does you Antivirus update with out a problem? can windows updates update without a problem? Also things like Email, MSN etc they they ever drop out or run fine.

Thanks

“You can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.” ~ Jim Carrey (Ceremony speech)
Old 07-26-2011, 02:35 PM   #7
Registered Member

Hi

Thanks for the help but this has now been solved, it was something to do with the ports.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:03 AM   #8
Team Manager
-Microsoft Support
-Home Support

Glad to hear it is solved.

Closed Thread