Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

[SOLVED] Cannot Clear Daved Passwords On IE9 On Windows 7

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Cannot Clear Daved Passwords On IE9 On Windows 7 within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I've tried clearing the history on IE9 many many times. Ive even set it to "Delete Browsing History on Exit".

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 10:39 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

My System

I've tried clearing the history on IE9 many many times. Ive even set it to "Delete Browsing History on Exit". Yet Every time I start IE9 i am STILL signed in to Facebook and emails.

I went into my Temporary Internet Files and Im not sure about deleting those... I get warning messages when I click on them. Shouldnt they be GONE anyway seeing as how I removed everything?

Old 05-04-2011, 10:48 PM   #2
Registered Member

Hi,
Have you tried using CCleaner to delete the temps?
As im sure you know, don't use the registry cleaner included.
It has a option to ignore passwords etc. selected by default , just make sure it's ticked before you run it.

Old 05-07-2011, 02:38 AM   #3
Team Manager
-Microsoft Support
-Home Support

The TEMP folder directory is not just for IE temp files it is also for Windows Temp files for example Windows update before installing etc.

Yes they are safe to remove, a program only adds a file to the TEMP folder if it only needs the files Temporary.

“You can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.” ~ Jim Carrey (Ceremony speech)
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows Expplorer /Dr Watson debugger crashes + BSOD
Hi A while ago I had a virus/malware problem which was then resolved. The problem caused by Windows explorer to crash and gave me a BSOD when I tried to log in http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/bsod-after-removing-virus-544372.html Then just a couple of hours ago I had google...
catdog7 Resolved HJT Threads 68 05-13-2011 09:04 AM
Malware Redirects When I Click On Any Links
Here is my DDS log and my ark log (gmer). Unfortunatley i cannot make it a zip file like the tutorial had told me because all of my programs have disappeared I just got this malware/trojan/worm virus that makes my applications disappear, constantly re-direct my browser when i click on any link,...
alek1230 Resolved HJT Threads 9 04-19-2011 02:47 AM
bad image error and norton 360
Hi, My initial problem was trying to get rid of the "Bad Image" error message that has been popping up on literally every file and folder on my PC (Windows XP). Situation has gone from bad to worse as i installed norton 360 5.0. Now nothing works, unable to connect to the internet, unable to...
royalmc Resolved HJT Threads 25 04-07-2011 07:36 AM
Hotmail keep sending emails to my contacts
Help, my hotmail account keeps sending ads to all my contacts regarding a work at home scam.
bjarvis44281 Inactive Malware Help Topics 3 04-05-2011 05:15 AM
Random popups and site redirecting virus
Hello, I'm new to the forum and my problem is that I'm being redirected to unwanted sites like Tazinga or Binkx. I'm running Windows XP and my laptop is about 7 years old. Any help would be great! Here are the Hijack specc UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED, DO NOT POST THIS LOG. IF REQUESTED,...
Hexamus Inactive Malware Help Topics 2 01-11-2011 07:15 PM