Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

[SOLVED] an add on for this website failed to run

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] an add on for this website failed to run within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. each time i visit a website (like this one) with adobe flash objects the information bar goes "an add on

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 12:15 PM   #1
Registered Member

Cool

each time i visit a website (like this one) with adobe flash objects the information bar goes "an add on for this website failed to run". Please help! its so annoying.

system: Win7 , ie8 (and dont want to switch to another browser like chrome/opera)

Old 10-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 7 Pro, ME, Vista. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000 & 98SE

Update to IE9 and latest version of Flash Player. Please use a darker type in the future so us old folks don't have to strain.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:09 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corday View Post
Update to IE9 and latest version of Flash Player. Please use a darker type in the future so us old folks don't have to strain.
Same advice, run windows update from the control panel.

..Notepad++ | CoffeeCup | WAMP | GIMP | VLC | Debut | CometBird | Web Dev
Old 10-15-2011, 02:49 AM   #4
Registered Member

Hi. I update my browser to IE9 but it didn't help. I also have the latest Flash Player.
I also performed a full virus scan and found threats (Exploit:Java/CVE-2010-0840.IF and TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenConnection.NC) but yet, the problem isn't solved........ :(
Old 10-15-2011, 04:33 AM   #5
Registered Member

Hello - I noticed the flash ad on http://edition.cnn.com/2011/10/12/opinion/arab-world-changes/index.html for example works well. but the ad on http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4135131,00.html triggers the problem.
the same problem happens in some other websites with flash. Maybe it's a problem with the ad's domains which are blocked by my system?? I see the ad on YNet is provided by http://ad.doubleclick.net . Could it be the source of the issue?
Old 10-15-2011, 05:53 AM   #6
Registered Member

SOLVED! doubleclick.net was in my restricted sites list. Thanks for trying to help