signing on to site

This is a discussion on signing on to site within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. using win7 ie9 ..when returning to a site requiring user name and password, i'm asked to repeat entering this data

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
Registered Member

using win7 ie9 ..when returning to a site requiring user name and password, i'm asked to repeat entering this data EVEN THOUGH i entered it previously and requested the data be retained.

when returning to a site requiring user name/password, i'm asked to submit this data even though i've done it earlier and even though i've requested the date to be retained.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:25 PM   #2
- Microsoft Support

Things like saving credentials may not work if you're using InPrivate Browsing or protected mode browsing.

What happens if you visit the site, log in, go to another site and then back to the site where you saved your login info? Does it get saved?

TSF does not support assistance through email or private messages, please keep all questions in the open forum.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:06 PM   #3
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

hi linnlane,

One thing to check is- go to tools-internet options and check that their is no check mark by delete browser history on exit.

Mark thread solved under thread tools when issue has been resolved.
Closed Thread