Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

Pages don't load, images don't load?

This is a discussion on Pages don't load, images don't load? within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi everyone. I've got a very strange problem that just began happening out of no where. When browsing the net

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 07:46 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi everyone. I've got a very strange problem that just began happening out of no where. When browsing the net I can no longer go to websites such as www.zone.com, I can only check my e-mail when I'm lucky and the website decides to load without displaying "the page cannot be displayed" error message. More than half of the images on everyone webpage display as not loadable little X marks, even on this website. When attempting to open random websites after searching on google for example, more than 3/4 of the web pages I click on give me the "page cannot be displayed" msg instantly without even trying to load. This problem just began recently out of no where. Windows firewall has always been off and never had problems untill now. I run Aluria Security Center and have never had problems. I also have tried adding these sites to my trusted list and it does absolutely nothing. Hope you guys can give me a solution. Thanks ahead of time.

Old 08-27-2005, 08:04 PM   #2
Registered Member

My computer is doing the same thing. Out of nowhere, there's a whole ton of webpages that don't work. I went to read my comics yesterday morning and Yahoo news didn't load. I'm having the same problem in both IE and in Firefox so I'm guessing it's a problem with the computer, not the browser. But I have no idea how to go about fixing it.

Old 08-27-2005, 08:36 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to phubeone Send a message via Yahoo to phubeone
http://techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=67048

Scroll down, I have some links in that post to remove spyware.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:38 PM   #4
Registered Member

Nothing I've downloaded has found any malicious spyware on my computer.

I've also hooked my computer up to an internet connection on my college campus, and everything works properly when I'm there. So because of that, I tend to think that it isn't a problem with my firewall/security settings.

I have the same problem whether I'm working through my wireless router or if I plug directly into my modem. Yet, if I hook up another computer to my connection, that computer loads all the sites/images correctly. So that makes me think that my internet connection is okay.

In other words, I'm completely stumped.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:41 PM   #5
Registered Member

go to start and run and type cmd and click ok then ping an ip address like 66.94.234.13 which is the id address for yahoo then type a domain name like abc.com if you can ping websites by ip or by domain name then you are connected to them but sometimes you may not be able to surf to them for various reasons sometimes you may have browser problems and you can go to tools internet options advanced and click on restore defaults apply and ok sometimes if you cannot ping by domain name you can call your isp and find out about hardcoding the ip address of their domain servers to your network card computers think in terms of numbers so sometimes they have trouble translating domain names into numbers dns servers can help with this some times if you are not able to browse you have a corrupted winsock which is a whole other story sometimes system restore can help a browse problem