Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

My laptop won't open any google related websites inc google, gmail, google maps etc

This is a discussion on My laptop won't open any google related websites inc google, gmail, google maps etc within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Please help me. My laptop won't open any google related websites including gmail, google, google maps etc. The most annoying

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 03:32 AM   #1
Registered Member

Please help me. My laptop won't open any google related websites including gmail, google, google maps etc. The most annoying one is gmail as that is my email provider. All other websites appear to be fine.

When I try to go onto google I get the error message "Internet explorer cannot display the webpage" Diagnose a connection problem but there is no connection problem as all other non google websites work.

The other error I get is "the address is not valid" when it clearly is.

Please help me as this problem is driving me mad.

Thanks,
Karen

The address is not valid

Most likely causes:
  • There might be a typing error in the address.
  • If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

What you can try:

Diagnose Connection Problems

[IMG]res://ieframe.dll/down.png[/IMG] More information

Old 09-07-2011, 09:53 AM   #2
Registered Member

Someone please help as I am not doing anything stupid like writing the link wrong or using an old link

Old 09-08-2011, 03:30 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate X64 and x86 SP1 & Windows XP Pro SP3

My System

Send a message via Skype™ to TheGift73

Hi mcdermkm,

Can you try resetting Internet Explorer.

Open IE and go Tools>Internet Options>Advanced. Hit the Reset button at the bottom. It will ask you if you are sure as well. You should also check the Delete Personal Settings box as well to make sure that everything is reset. Then hit Reset again in that window. Restart the browser for the changes to take effect.

Is this the same in other browsers like Firefox or Google Chrome?