Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

Missing Nested (Subfolders) in Windows Live Mail

This is a discussion on Missing Nested (Subfolders) in Windows Live Mail within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have created new folders within my Hotmail folders such as Work, Social etc. and then created another level of

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
Registered Member

Confused

I have created new folders within my Hotmail folders such as Work, Social etc. and then created another level of nested folders within some of these... Work - financial, Work - appointments, Social - sport, Social - hobbies etc.

This has been working fine for many months but now when I go to my mailbox although the Work folder (for example) is showing, the nested folders within it are not, just a message which reads 'There are no items in this view'. I know the folder and messages are actually there somewhere because I can search for messages within the associated main folder ('Work' for example) and they appear in the resluts box and also when trying to create a duplicate nested folder (Work - financial) I am informed that the specified folder name already exists. This only occurs on my windows 7 machine and then only in Live Mail (its fine in Outlook) and my xp laptop is displaying the folder hierarchy correctly in all cases.

I have spent around 3 hours today searching for possible reasons but all in vain I am afraid!

Any help or suggestions would be most welcome and appreciated.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:51 AM   #2
Registered Member

I have the exact issue. What is strange is my home computer (XP) has all the nested folders. Did you ever get an answer to this?

Old 12-24-2011, 01:03 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wchamplin View Post
I have the exact issue. What is strange is my home computer (XP) has all the nested folders. Did you ever get an answer to this?
Sorry but no I didn't. Just to add further developments though, I work offshore and leave this particular laptop at home when I go away on a contract. Just before I left for my last contract in early October, I noticed that they had all reappeared (fully intact and loaded with the emails) one day when I did my daily boot up. I came home again about two weeks ago and within two days they had dissapeared again. Like you, I have no problems with my XP machine, its just my W7 version that shows these problems. I suspect that its caused by some update or other but then wonder if that is the case, then why others don't have the same problems... surely there are more than a handful of people using nested folders? Are you aware that if you use the search feature you can find your missing emails in the 'master' folder?

Sorry I could not be more forthcoming but this is indeed a strange one!