Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

microsoft says my hotmail account does not exist. In dire need of help!

This is a discussion on microsoft says my hotmail account does not exist. In dire need of help! within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey how's it going everyone ? I have had my hotmail address for over 10 years. It has everyting in

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
Registered Member

Mistake

Hey how's it going everyone ? I have had my hotmail address for over 10 years. It has everyting in it my credit card, banking info, personal information, address, drivers lisense picture, sentimental email. A couple of night s ago.I had signed in. Then I was trying to sign into my xbox and use my hotmail address, all of a sudden it said that microsoft account does not exist. I havn't been able to log in since it's been 3 or 4 days now. I have contacted hotmail they can't help me because I'm not a paying member. It looks to me like someone hacked my account and deleted it. If anyone knows what happened to my account or has any ideas on if or how I can bet it back it would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:09 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Support Visiting Expert
BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

When was the last time you accessed your account?
If you haven't signed in for the last 270 days, your account has been marked as inactive.

Please be informed that free Windows Live Hotmail accounts become inactive if you don't sign in for more than 270 days or within the first 10 days after signing up for an account.
After an account becomes inactive, all messages, folders, and contacts are deleted.
Incoming messages will be sent back to the sender as undeliverable.

Your account name is still reserved. However, if the account stays inactive for an additional 90 days, the account name may be permanently deleted. If you don't use your Windows Live ID for 365 days, your Windows Live ID may be permanently deleted.

I believe you can provide the affected email address on a private thread so the "powers that be" can investigate the account on their end.

Hotmail Support

BTW
Were you aware that Hotmail is currently upgrading to Outlook.com?
Is it just possible your Hotmail account is now an Outlook.com account?

Old 08-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hi jmh, ye I logged into the account and had access to the account about an hour before I couldnt log in anymore. So it definatly hasnt expired form not being used, cause I used it daily up until it started telling me that the account didnt exist. That is interesting about outlook though. Could I try logging in with my address except @outlook.com ?
Old 08-17-2012, 02:09 AM   #4
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Support Visiting Expert
BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Them00n View Post
Hi jmh, ye I logged into the account and had access to the account about an hour before I couldnt log in anymore. So it definatly hasnt expired form not being used, cause I used it daily up until it started telling me that the account didnt exist. That is interesting about outlook though. Could I try logging in with my address except @outlook.com ?
Worth a try indeed.
I work in the Hotmail section of Microsoft Answers.
Your "problem" is not unique.
Unfortunately at this stage there appears no clear answer to give / help you with.
Ed. Comment
What followed was videos and basic instructions from Microsoft.
hxxp://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/hotmail-email/how-can-i-get-the-new-outlookcom-mail-experience/1e8d4b97-9dd6-4b96-9dc4-6426dd016f0e"] How can I get the new Outlook.com mail experience?
Old 08-17-2012, 05:16 AM   #5
a bit alien

Send a message via Yahoo to sobeit

try going to outlook.com and sign in using your hotmail address.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:31 AM   #6
Registered Member

Hello, my old email is "Deleted" it is really important e-mail and I cannot login.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:57 AM   #7
Registered Member

Twisted

So after 1 year I could finally afford a laptop since I was in a cash issue. And now that I tried to check my e-mail (hotmail) it shows it doesn't exist or if i try to re-create it it says it is already taken, like what the f- I have used that e-mail for all my personal information and now I cannot access?
Old 08-26-2012, 06:05 AM   #8
- Microsoft Support

All you can do is contact Microsoft support or the hotmail team. We can't assist with this type of issue.

There's some good info in this post:
microsoft says my hotmail account does not exist. In dire need of help!

TSF does not support assistance through email or private messages, please keep all questions in the open forum.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:08 AM   #9
Registered Member

thank you for replying, and how long does it take for them to reply back to my issue?