javascript problem

This is a discussion on javascript problem within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have IE9 browser on 64 bit windows 7 operating system. I tried to access a website that only uses

Old 02-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have IE9 browser on 64 bit windows 7 operating system. I tried to access a website that only uses IE and I get this error message "JS Exception caught in http://tempo5.sandicor.com/5.5.14.26.../ExpireFile.js - Window.OnError: Automation server can't create object in line 58"

I tried variuos things like dumping TIF files...enanling active script etc but no success. Am I over my head or can I sole this at home with my limited computer skills. I have no idea of software programming.

I'll be grateful for any help!

Old 02-18-2013, 07:49 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 7 Pro, ME, Vista. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000 & 98SE

If you got the site before try a System Restore to a date prior to the problem. This should work, particularly if you've deleted files or made Registry changes recently. If not in IE>Internet Options>Advanced>Enable native XMLHTTP support

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Corday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #3
Registered Member

didn't work...
Old 02-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #4
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

Neither?

Old 02-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #5
Registered Member

this is a new computer (may be 6 months old). I encountered this problem for the first time I tried to access this other website 3 weeks ago. To 'system restore' I don't know to restore to what point since on this particular computer I could never access this website
Old 02-19-2013, 05:59 AM   #6
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

What website is it?

Old 02-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #7
TSF Enthusiast

@Corday....Not sure if that's the site in the opening post, but Windows wasn't too keen on it as its publisher couldn't be verified and I wasn't going to go past that.

@bdevaraj....I don't know if you can understand this (I can't) or if it is of any use Handling runtime errors in JavaScript using try/catch/finally but check Event Viewer to see it has thrown anything up.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:45 AM   #8
Registered Member

tempo5.sandicor.com

It is shown on the error message in my first question. Also...I can access this website via IE9 on my lap top . I get this error on my desk top.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #9
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

The site says to update to the latest Java and enable Java script. Problems with the site are handled by: Contact Us | Clareity Security. They can be contacted by phone. Although you said they can only be accessed by IE, I reached them via Firefox.