Java won't work.

This is a discussion on Java won't work. within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have already tried reinstalling Java and making sure that it is enabled which it is. When I try to

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 12:54 PM   #1
Registered Member

OS: Windows XP Home Edition SP3, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows 7 Build 6956

Cry

I have already tried reinstalling Java and making sure that it is enabled which it is. When I try to load something that uses Java, it just won't load however the Java icon will appear in my system tray like it should but the Java content just doesn't load. I have tried to load the Java content in a another browser like Safari but my browser just stalls and I have to close it. So what do I do?
My OS is Windows XP.(I switched back from Vista a while ago.)

Old 07-02-2007, 08:06 PM   #2
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft Support

OS: XP Home SP3 x3 /XP Pro SP3/Vista Ultimate SP2/Win7 Pro 64-BIT

If you have the java console enabled, which you can do thru Settings/Control Panel/Java Plug-in, you should be able to tell what error messages are being thrown when the app attempts to load.
If you tell us what error messages are being thrown we can possibly tell you
what's wrong.

Java problems will usually show a grey box and nothing else. Is that what your seeing?

Old 07-02-2007, 08:23 PM   #3
Registered Member

OS: Windows XP Home Edition SP3, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows 7 Build 6956

No it just loads the rest of the page and shows nothing for the java content. And my console contains no errors.

----------------------------------------------------
c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
l: dump classloader list
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
p: reload proxy configuration
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system and deployment properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
x: clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>
----------------------------------------------------

jvm test passed
Sun Microsystems Inc.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:06 AM   #4
Roaming To Help

Hi

Which firewall are you using? Check it's settings to make sure you're not blocking Java.

Furthermore check if your Java is working at all and installed correctly: http://www.javatester.org/version.html

If it shows up in method 1, it's installed correctly, but let us know the version.

You want it to be version 1.6.0.1, which can be downloaded here: http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp