Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

Internet NOT showing Full Screen

This is a discussion on Internet NOT showing Full Screen within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My daughter sign up to a children's website (webkinz.com). She was able to login, but she is not able to

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 05:12 PM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

My daughter sign up to a children's website (webkinz.com). She was able to login, but she is not able to log-out because the screen is not showing the full content. Now, she cannot log back in.
I am using IE 8, and tried to change it to IE7 hoping this will solve the problem, but IE7 won't install because IE8 is still there. Unfortunately, I do not know how to remove IE8.
I also turn-off the pop-up blocker but it did not work, also I activated the auto-updates.
Please help! Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: doc IE not full display on screen.doc (245.0 KB, 40 views)

Old 04-08-2009, 05:29 PM   #2
Registered Member

My System

Hello,

Can you please click on the internet explorer and hit the key at the top of your keyboard called F11 for me?

Thx

Old 04-09-2009, 12:44 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg2129 View Post
My daughter sign up to a children's website (webkinz.com). She was able to login, but she is not able to log-out because the screen is not showing the full content. Now, she cannot log back in.
I am using IE 8, and tried to change it to IE7 hoping this will solve the problem, but IE7 won't install because IE8 is still there. Unfortunately, I do not know how to remove IE8.
I also turn-off the pop-up blocker but it did not work, also I activated the auto-updates.
Please help! Thank you.

Solution: 1. Open the Internet Explorer and go to “View”. In the “View” menu you will find ‘Full Screen’ option choose that for a full screen mode.
Open the Internet Explorer and then press F11 key for a full screen mode. then close internet explorer and again open.

2. If you are facing still problem then reset internet explorer and register all .dll file. and close internet explorer then again open internet explorer.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:04 AM   #4
Registered Member

My System

She doesnt have "view" that's why I only offered F11.

It was easier than trying to explain Alt+V > F

Old 04-09-2009, 07:19 AM   #5
Registered Member

Smile

I will try your suggestions when I get home. I feel confident your suggestions will solve the problem. I will let you know whatever is the result. Thank you and I appreciate your help! You guys Rock!
Old 04-09-2009, 11:05 AM   #6
Registered Member

Just in case, how do I reset internet explorer and register all .dll file?
Thank you.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:37 AM   #7

To reset your internet explore , open the internet explorer go to the Tools > internet options > Advance and click on the reset button ,
and register the .dll files open the command prompt and type regsvr 32 " file name " and hit enter .
Old 04-10-2009, 07:57 AM   #8
Registered Member

Thank you to all of your replies. I really appreciate it! My 2 daughters are now happy and enjoying playing games at webkinz, that is with your help.
On the .dll register thing, which file shall I register? I went to Start, Run, typed "regsvr 32" and press enter, but did not work because I don't know what filename shall I use. Sorry! It looks like computer is not my cup of tea.
Again thank you: Commander Data, samanderson, matthewforu.
meg2129
Old 04-10-2009, 10:54 AM   #9
Registered Member

My System

Hi meg2129

I knew this answer because it happened to me once. There are other things that can happen by hitting the wrong key or combination of keys, and of course you never know what exactly it was.

For future reference, when you get stuck with something like this, you can always hit F1 and a HELP page will appear. If you click once on Internet Explorer and press F1, the HELP will be about IE things, if you are in another app, the HELP should be about that.

In the HELP pages you can search for things like KEYBOARD and find the list of KB combinations. I think you should try this with IE and print the list if you can. I say this so that you might see some other nifty things that will help you with your over all computing experience. Do you know how to ALT+TAB? ALT+left arrow?

F1 is your friend.