Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

internet explorer will not go back to google page

29K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  pat mcgroin 
#1 ·
This has just started happening when I do a google search and I click on a site the site opens etc, however, when I click to go back it won't let me. It stays on the site that I opened, Im finding this really frustrating as I have to keep going back to my home page. I ve cleared browsing history and used CC cleaner.

Any help would be appreciated, Im not aware of doing anything to my settings.

Cheers
:wave:

#2 ·
Try Use the Manage Add-ons tool to determine which add-on is causing the issue.

1. Click Tools, point to Manage Add-ons, and then click Disable Add-ons.
2. In the Show box, select Add-ons that have been used by Internet Explorer to display all add-ons that are installed on the computer.
3. For each item in this list, select the add-on, and then click Disable under Settings.
4. When you have disabled all the items in this list, click OK.
5. Exit and then restart Internet Explorer.
6. If issues do not occur, repeat steps 1 through 3.
7. Click Enable for a single add-on.
8. Repeat steps 6 through 8 until you determine which add-on causes errors to occur.

If you found any one try uninstall add-ons by Add-Remove program in XP or Change program in Win 7.

Hope it helps.

#3 ·
Try hitting the back button twice in succession (just double click). I've noticed that sometimes you get directed to an intermediate "redirect page" which forwards you to the page you searched for.

Something like this:
Google - Redirect Page - Page you visited

Clicking back once will take you back to the redirect page which will redirect you back to the page you were just on.

Make sense?

#4 ·
Something that I find easier.
Go to internet options|tools|tabs and check the always go to new tabs when created button.
Now when in google and see a link that you want to see.
press the wheel on your mouse. This will open a new tab of that link.
Do what ever you want there. When finished hit the X on the tab and it will close
bringing you back to the google page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.