Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Internet connection working fine, browsers can't connect to any sites.

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  steveb1234 
#1 ·
Greetings

I'm not really sure where to post this, please move if needed.

My internet connection is fine, programs such as MSN work, but when I go to either Internet Explorer it displays the 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage' notice on every page that I try to connect to, also displays a 'Page loading error' notice on every page that I try to visit.

The problem appeared to start when I installed an update for Firefox, and at the time I had an old version of IE which worked fine, although the updated Firefox did not display any pages, I decided to update to IE8, because the version I had installed was pretty ancient, after which IE also began to display this problem.

I have fiddled with my firewall settings, to no avail.

Incidentally I am now using an old version of MSN explorer, which works to display webpages (which is how I am managing to post this!) I am guessing it is something to do with the updates, although I'm not an expert.

Any clues as to what I can do to fix it (I don't want to be stuck with this awful MSN browser!)

Thanks in advance
Laurens

See less See more
#4 ·
Goto internet options in IE (tools menu) and delete your cookies.
Open the security tab and move the slider down to medium.
Open the privacy tab and click advanced button put a tick in 'override automatic cookie handling' and 'always allow session cookies'.
open the connections tab and click on LAN settings button and put a tick in 'automatically detect settings. Also make sure there are no ticks in the proxy settings box.
If none of the above works then goto the advanced tab of internet options and click on the reset button.
It is also worth downloading and running ccleaner which you can download from www.ccleaner.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.