Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

IE9 text is blurry compared to Firefox. But why?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  laker_fan 
#1 ·
I suspect that most people use IE so I chose that broswer to display my article in. But IE9 renders the text darker and less clearer. Using compatability mode in IE9 sorts the problem out, and renders the text crisp and clear as it does in Firefox, but then by using compat' mode in IE9 the paragraphs are all over the place and the links bar is not the same.

By "blurry", I mean that the text is not crisp or clear. When you write with a pen and the ink is starting to run out, that's what it looks like. Also the text is slightly smaller, very slightly, and is slightly darker, almost a half-bold, in fact.

The ch's of words appear to be too close together and the l's are not very good. The text appears to be crunched up, making it look blurry or unclear.

I've tried installing the windows7 update to fix this problem but to no avail. It's obviously nothing to do with cleartype because Firefox renders the text perfect. It's just IE.

For an example, although it is not a very good one because it is a snapshot, I have attached a JPG. The image right is the IE, and the image left is the Firefox. Imagine the IE image on the right to be a little less clear than it is and you'll understand what I mean.

Any suggestions?

I might as well add that my article was designed in NOTEPAD++.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes. It is enabled. The text only seems blurry when I use notepad++ and view the webpage I'm creating in IE9. But when I view the page in Firefox it is perfectly clear and not blurry. So I suspect that IE is not rendering the text clearly with notepad++. I've done several updates with notepad++ but IE still renders the text quite poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.