Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

IE9 changes homepage

This is a discussion on IE9 changes homepage within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. IE9 keeps changing my homepage to msn/bing and adding microsoft and bing directoriesin my favorites also placing suggested sites in

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 08:12 AM   #1
Registered Member

IE9 keeps changing my homepage to msn/bing and adding microsoft and bing directoriesin my favorites also placing suggested sites in my favorites bar even though its turned off in advanced options. Any ideas out there?

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem re IE9 Compatibility View
Hi -- Hope someone can help with this problem. I have a .aspx webpage with some server-side (VB.Net) and client-side script (javascript). The JS includes Raphael JS library (vector graphics) and jquery-1.4 library. I am running IE9, but for some reason this page loads in "Browser Mode:...
sudoku-san Internet Explorer Forum 2 12-12-2011 08:22 AM
[SOLVED] MSN.com Hijacking IE9 Homepage
Hello there.I am an I.T Technician Apprentice working at a school I.T Department. Today I have been attempting to fix what looked to be a fairly simple issue.One of the staff here has been having an issue of MSN.com opening up when IE9 starts. Obviously the first thing I did was check the homepage...
RJTurneR Internet Explorer Forum 1 12-07-2011 07:19 AM
IE9 Import Favorites From File Does Not Work
I've got IE9 installed on a Windows 7 (x86) system and on a Windows Vista (x86) laptop. On both machines the same problem: I export favorites to a bookmark.htm file, then delete all favorites in IE9. I then try to import bookmarks from that same file into IE9. It fails, I get a red cross...
pip22 Internet Explorer Forum 3 06-25-2011 02:01 AM
IE9 can't login to Chase Bank
Windows Update pushed the IE9 update to me last night. A couple of things are cosmetically wrong with it, but I can live with that. When I tried to access my financial accounts this morning, all was well with Bank of America, Ally, HSBC and Fidelity. But Chase was a NO login situation. I...
pawnslinger Internet Explorer Forum 11 05-03-2011 02:56 AM
IE9 (Issues: Logon, Sidebar, Sign in Assitant)
Internet Explorer 9: Logon, Desktop Sidebar & Windows Live Sign in Assitant Issues Hi Guys, I came across with a few issues after installing the Internet Explorer (IE9 RTM) which currently known as the final version of IE9. OS Platform: Windows 7 sp1 RTM Browser: Internet Explorer 9...
LagoonLegion Internet Explorer Forum 2 03-22-2011 07:22 PM