Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

IE8 - security warning (annoying)

This is a discussion on IE8 - security warning (annoying) within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. when i enter secure sites with the new IE8, i'm getting this super annoying message: Security Warning Do you want

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 09:09 AM   #1
Registered Member

when i enter secure sites with the new IE8, i'm getting this super annoying message:

Security Warning

Do you want to view only the webpage content that was deliverred securely?

This webpage contains content that will not be delivered using a secure HTTPS connection, which could compromise the security of the entire webpage.

I have a screen shot, but i dont know how to upload it...

Let me know how to stop this annoying message! Is everyone getting this, or did I install wrong?

Old 04-01-2009, 11:26 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via AIM to quizme1220 Send a message via Yahoo to quizme1220

Hello hubie this should work for you it did for me.

Go to Tools>InternetOptions>Security>Custom Level>Display Mixed Content:Enable

Old 04-11-2009, 12:22 AM   #3
Registered Member

My System

I was also getting that message since switching to IE8 and I also think it's quite annoying, especially since I'm getting this over and over on sites I've been to a thousand times and know are safe. After seeing it a few times, I was going, "alright already, enough". I have been trying to figure out how to turn that damn thing off. The IE8 help section is pretty worthless, didn't even refer or reference that message. I could have lived with it if it were more comprehensive and asked if you wanted to turn the message off for the site or something. Another one of those deals where Microsoft treats everyone like they're a dumb ***.

I just tried that "mixed content" setting and it works! Thank you very much, I'm much less annoyed now, heh heh (even though my wife still says I'm annoying).
Old 06-22-2009, 09:13 PM   #4
Registered Member

yes, same problem with me. I have tried for over a week to get rid of it, and, finally found this website.
I also have just tried the "mixed content" setting and YES!, it worked for me also.
(My husband is so relieved I have sorted it out, as i am now less annoyed and grumpy!)
thank you............... quizzme1220... you saved a life
Old 01-01-2010, 04:48 PM   #5
Registered Member

Thumbs Up

Thank you so much for that fix.

man, that's annoying.

I actually looked through Internet Options and didn't recognize the "mixed content" meaning.

Thanks again Tech Support Forums!!