Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

IE won't display facebook properly...

This is a discussion on IE won't display facebook properly... within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey guys My IE gives me such an annoying problem with Facebook. The page doesn't display properly, as is evident

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey guys
My IE gives me such an annoying problem with Facebook. The page doesn't display properly, as is evident from the attached screenshot (Yes, I know it's taken with Firefox as the browser, but the result is the same on both browsers). I'm guessing this has something to do with the Java plug in? Although it only seems to happen with facebook, all other pages load fine. Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled2.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	44548  

Old 03-04-2009, 04:58 AM   #2
Registered Member

Help.... Anyone.... :-(

Old 03-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #3
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft Support

OS: XP Home SP3 x3 /XP Pro SP3/Vista Ultimate SP2/Win7 Pro 64-BIT

With FF open, click View/Page Style/Basic Page Style

Run those browsers without add-ons to see the results
Old 02-28-2010, 03:12 PM   #4
Registered Member

I figured it out.

I was having a problem with facebook and myspace loading funny. My facebook looked like it loaded ok but on the top where it says facebook and then the three icons where you get messages and such, it was all white.

Anyway, the way I fixed it was I went to "control panel" then to "accessability options" then to "display" and turned off "use high contrast".
Old 02-28-2010, 04:40 PM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi_sensei View Post
Hey guys
My IE gives me such an annoying problem with Facebook. The page doesn't display properly, as is evident from the attached screenshot (Yes, I know it's taken with Firefox as the browser, but the result is the same on both browsers). I'm guessing this has something to do with the Java plug in? Although it only seems to happen with facebook, all other pages load fine. Any suggestions?
I had the same problem when I used Facebook. (I have since deleted it due to security warnings all over the internet) My problem was I was logged into Facebook on my Laptop so when I accessed Facebook on my PC the site did not load fully. Guess you cannot log on to Facebook on more than one computer.

Russbill's fix maybe your answer, but mine also worked as stated above.

Latest Java for all systems

Verify Java on your system

kind regards,
Old 03-03-2010, 06:04 AM   #6
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to eastexas

MY IE 7 looks like it was washed in bleach. My facebook did the same thing I think yours did. Like this site I can see the little lines dividing off top from bottom. I fixed mine by getting Google Chrome. The best I remember I had IE 8 and it did the same thing but not as bad. When I first tried IE 7 on FB you couldn't see chit the only war to see the things like "go" butto is to hold down left button and scan across the page, it will turn blue but at lease you can find your way out. Soon as I leave here If I don't get this working right I'm going back to Google Chrome thanks for all of your time~~Rusty~~
Old 03-03-2010, 07:04 AM   #7
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to eastexas

looking through here I just glad I'm not the only. I also remember that my IE7 started when IE 8 was in beta and I got it. Both browers were close to the same but IE8 did do alittle better. I removed IE8 and IE 7 on face book or any other site that used point and click. I will use google chrome I just wante to get IE 7 going right because I have things like Windows live mail and I don't know how to make it open Chrome. Hope ya'll find what your loking for I have gotten so old that now I have to go because I don't remember why I'm here. lol