Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

IE freezes when printing from print preview

This is a discussion on IE freezes when printing from print preview within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate on an Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2220 @ 2.40GHz with 2GB RAM on a

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 07:02 AM   #1
Registered Member

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate on an Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2220 @ 2.40GHz with 2GB RAM on a 32-bit system.

It started on IE8 that whenever I went to print preview and then hit "print", my IE session would go "Not Responding". If I then would Alt-tab to a different prog, the print session would (usually) start after several seconds.

I upgraded to IE9 and the problem still occurs. I have no issues with any other program that has a print preview ability, including Firefox.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you

Old 04-24-2011, 07:13 AM   #2
Registered Member

Just use a different browser. there are loads of problems like this with internet explorer.
Or, if you are really annoyed with this, you can try doing a clean install of windows.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:41 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks, Huzibizi. The problem is that certain work sites that are critical to my business, test for, and require IE and allow nothing else.

In case you're thinking I should try to find alternatives... the sites I refer to are Multiple Listing Services and their adjuncts. There are NO alternatives.

Anyone want to buy a home in sunny southwest Florida?
Old 04-24-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

While I don't agree with Huzibizi's suggestion, even though I use Firefox myself, it might not be a bad idea to try print preview in another browser. It doesn't have to be on the sites that require IE. This would test if it's related to your printer software or to IE itself.

OT, No thanks. We just recently sold a couple. Ft. Myers and Naples to be exact. ;-)
Old 04-24-2011, 10:25 PM   #5
Registered Member

Oh, it's IE alright. IE always locks up. Firefox & Opera always work right. Now I've upgraded to IE9. Still does it.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:07 AM   #6
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

I'm going to request that this be moved to the IE Support forum. Hang on for the ride. ;-)
Old 04-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #7
Team Manager
-Microsoft Support
-Home Support

Please do this:

Reset Internet Explorer Settings - IEBlog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

“You can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.” ~ Jim Carrey (Ceremony speech)
Closed Thread