IE add-ons

This is a discussion on IE add-ons within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have just installed IE8 on windows xp sp2. When I am trying to watch youtube videos using IE 8,

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 02:08 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have just installed IE8 on windows xp sp2.

When I am trying to watch youtube videos using IE 8, I am not getting video but get a link "go , get it". When I click on this link, I am directed to Adobe FlashPlayer download. Now when I click on download "Adobe FlashPlayer", I get a message in the internet explorer information bR
"Internet Explorer is currently running with add-ons disabled. Click here to manage, disable or remove your add-on"

Now I click on this IE information bar and I get three options "manage add-ons", "About add-ons" and "Information bar help". I checked on manage add-ons, I have got all add-ons enabled listed in there. So why am I getting this message ? How can I install Adobe Flash Player ?

One thing, when I started IE, I got message " 'THe Drive Letter Access Component' add-on version '1.0.0.1' published by '(not verified) Sonic Solutions' is not compatible with Internet Explorer 8" At the top there is warning "THis add-on may cause Internet Explorer to stop responding or crash" So I am going ahead with default selected option "Check online for an update".

But nothing seems to be happening.

Usually I get the warning message "This site may require Active X control". But I am not getting this message and message coming up in IE information bar is "Internet Explorer is currently running with add-ons disabled. Click here to manage, disable or remove your add-on". I dont see any add-on disabled in the list.

So what shall I do now to install Adobe Flash Player ?
Why am I getting such a message in IE information bar ?
Which add-on is disabled in here , shall it not be in the list when I check "manage add-on" ? Is it necessary to turn on all the add-ons ?

thanks

Old 04-20-2010, 01:03 PM   #2
Registered Member

I'm having the same problem. As soon as I start Internet Explorer it goes directly to a screen that says"

Internet Explorer is currently running without add-ons

All Internet Explorer add-ons, such as ActiveX controls or toolbars, are turned off. Some webpages might not display correctly.
To continue to your home page, click the Home button.
To browse using add-ons, close Internet Explorer and then start it again.
Check for the latest Windows updates.

How do browser add-ons affect my browsing experience?"

I click the link to Manage the Add-ons and everything is enabled. I did read on MS website about a link they had to fix this but it was for IE 6. I have IE 8. They said that some add-ons go directly to the registery folder and are not managed in the add-on manager.

My question is does anyone know how to access the add-ons in the registery or how to turn them on if they are not in the Manage Tab?

I currently have Windows XP and IE 8.

Old 04-20-2010, 01:13 PM   #3
Registered Member

Try this I think it may work.

To fix the problem click on
Start...

Then right click the IE Icon

Click on properties

Then click on find target

Click on IE shortcut

It should open IE

If there is not the yellow bar, then send that shortcut to desktop (the problem was the shortcut!!)
Old 09-23-2010, 08:27 PM   #4
Registered Member

He didn't reply but I had the same problem and took your advise. It workd. I then pinned the IE to start and it works fine. Thanks a lot. I will post this on the other threads that ask this question.
Try this I think it may work.

To fix the problem click on
Start...

Then right click the IE Icon

Click on properties

Then click on find target

Click on IE shortcut

It should open IE

If there is not the yellow bar, then send that shortcut to desktop (the problem was the shortcut!!)
Thanks to likidysplit07