Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

IE 8 clicking link results in blank page.

This is a discussion on IE 8 clicking link results in blank page. within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am running vista with all the latest updates. I installed IE 8 Beta a couple of weeks ago and

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 04:56 PM   #1
Registered Member

I am running vista with all the latest updates. I installed IE 8 Beta a couple of weeks ago and the latest version IE8rc1 (I think) installed itself as part of my auto updates.

The propblem is if I click a link within a page a new page opens but remains blank. If I click that same link a few times I will keep getting blank pages until eventually a proper page will load. some times it takes up to 10 attempts to get a page to open. I am not being impatient in these instances as I have waited a full minute for something to happen but nothing does. The pages I say are blank actually have the IE header and all but just no content.

I am ready to scrub IE altogether if I can't get this sorted out.

Help please.

Tom

Old 02-08-2009, 06:01 PM   #2
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft Support

OS: XP Home SP3 x3 /XP Pro SP3/Vista Ultimate SP2/Win7 Pro 64-BIT

Welcome to TSF

Check pop-up blocker, if that dont help be patient it is BETA

Old 02-10-2009, 01:56 PM   #3
Registered Member

Whatever the problem was I corrected it be uninstalling the RC1 update. The basic IE 8 BETA seems to work without a problem.

I had checked it with the pop-up blocker on and off. That be patient it is still BETA does not do a thing for my confidence in Microsoft. They seem to feel the whole world can be patient while they fool around putting out crap like VISTA.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:33 AM   #4
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft Support

OS: XP Home SP3 x3 /XP Pro SP3/Vista Ultimate SP2/Win7 Pro 64-BIT

It was your choice to install IE8 they didnt force you
Old 02-11-2009, 07:40 AM   #5
Registered Member

I have a similar issue with RC1. It takes at least two minutes to open my home page. I have found a partial solution by turning off UAC. I am guessing that a process somewhere in IE is plonking about with TCP/IP trying to make all the connections it thinks it needs and if one needs authorisation it should prompt but doesn't it just sits there dumb until a timeout is reached.