Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

IE 11 upgrade won't allow web page passwords to be input

This is a discussion on IE 11 upgrade won't allow web page passwords to be input within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. A Client of mine recently took the upgrade to IE11 on her Win 7 HP system. Now, whenever she goes

Old 11-18-2013, 06:25 AM   #1
Registered Member

A Client of mine recently took the upgrade to IE11 on her Win 7 HP system. Now, whenever she goes to a financial site (bank, credit card etc) that requires her to put in a username/password, nothing happens; no text appears on the screen on the log in page so she can't get to her accounts; everything worked fine until the upgrade from IE 10 to IE 11

Old 11-18-2013, 06:33 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP
- Hardware Team
- Articles Team
- Microsoft Support

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

OS: Windows 7 64bit Professional (SP1), Windows 8.1 64bit

My System

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Have her run the website in compatibility mode.

Intel, NVidia, Xbox One, Android, Gigabyte
Masterchiefxx17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:14 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

Just reset to defaults.

Tools/advanced/Reset
Old 12-11-2013, 11:23 PM   #4
Hardware Tech Team

OS: WindowsXP, Vista SP2, Win7 SP1, Win8.1, Ubuntu LiveCD 12.02, Cisco IOS

My System

If compatability mode or reset to defaults doesn't work, your computer most likely has other problems such as failing hardware or a virus. Have you scanned for viruses since you performed the IE11 upgrade? Are you running a virus program or Internet Security program? If so, name please?

IE updates to newest versions almost always cause problems with computers that are "sick" and have something wrong with them. You have 2 choices if the above doesn't work. #1: Download an alternate browser such as Chrome of Firefox; or #2: Get your computer serviced at your local Comptuer Repair shop. I've done multiple updates to IE11 in the last week and had zero problems.

BIGBEARJEDI
BIGBEARJEDI is offline   Reply With Quote