Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

IE 10 Video Playback Issues

This is a discussion on IE 10 Video Playback Issues within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My Amazon videos will playback in Firefox and Chrome with no problems but not in IE 10 - why not?

Old 12-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
Registered Member

My Amazon videos will playback in Firefox and Chrome with no problems but not in IE 10 - why not?

Old 12-10-2012, 02:12 AM   #2
Team Manager
-Microsoft Support
-Home Support

Please go to the links below to update the following:

Flash
Shockwave

Then Go Here to find what version of Java you are running, and please post back the results.

"Motivation is what gets you started, Habit is what keeps you going"
Go The Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:30 AM   #3
Registered Member

thanks for your help -

flash and shockwave updated to latest versions as per adobe -
java version - 6 update 37

ps your links all lead to the same place trying to get me to buy a driver - no thanks on that one.

I would really like to know what it is about the configuration of IE 10 that has this problem whereas Firefox and Chrome play media right out of the box.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:38 AM   #4
- Microsoft Support
BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedjinski View Post
ps your links all lead to the same place trying to get me to buy a driver - no thanks on that one.
From that comment, it sounds like you also have some kind of redirect/spyware problem you need to attend to as well.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:40 PM   #5
Team Manager
-Microsoft Support
-Home Support

Sounds like you have an infection, lets get the malware cleaned up first before working on this issue

I would recommend that you go here; read and follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, to here. (Just click on the coloured links.)

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

Good luck

Please also remember DO NOT post your logs in this thread, please start a new thread here. (Just click on the coloured link.) and post the logs.

"Motivation is what gets you started, Habit is what keeps you going"
Go The Power is offline   Reply With Quote