Hotmail Question

This is a discussion on Hotmail Question within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. For some reason my hotmail seems to take messages I have sent to other people and tag them with messages

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #1
Registered Member

For some reason my hotmail seems to take messages I have sent to other people and tag them with messages for other people. I try and make sure I use different subjects, etc....but every once in awhile I'll get a reply from an email I have sent and there will be an email in the thread that I've sent to someone else. I have this fear that I have no idea who is going to get what message I have sent to someone else.

Any idea what is happening... I hope I have explained this well enough.

I'm thinking about getting a gmail account and stop using hotmail....but it might be easier to solve the problem then setting up a new email address.

Sharoon
PS...thanks for any advice...

Old 09-19-2011, 02:00 AM   #2
Registered Member

Hey, you should consult Hotmail for this. I even use hotmail and it is the best; I never got any complaints like this one...
Have you tried to send messages via an e-mail client like outlook or windows live mail??
Is this problem repeated in them also??

Old 09-20-2011, 04:19 AM   #3
Registered Member

No it's just with hotmail...it doesn't happen all the time....but I sure am afraid to use it for anything confidential incase it takes that message and sends it to someone else, who it's not intended for.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:35 AM   #4
Registered Member

Try to send messages with e-mail client (POP) Hotmail POP settings are:Windows Live for mobile Help Center - Hotmail POP Settings

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hotmail question
Want to change signature but keep getting message "Your signature is longer than the maximum allowed length. Please reduce the length of your signature and save it again." In fact, I made it smaller! What is the problem? How do I fix this? What IS the max length?
ePersona Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 2 07-01-2011 12:34 PM
Yahoo and Hotmail hit by new webmail attacks
Webmail users at Yahoo and Hotmail have been hit with the same kind of targeted attacks that were disclosed earlier this week by Google, according to security software vendor Trend Micro. Trend Micro described two similar attacks against Yahoo Mail and Windows Live Hotmail in a blog post,...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 0 06-07-2011 01:02 PM
Microsoft turns off HTTPS protection for Hotmail in Arab countries
Microsoft says it did not "intentionally limit" access to Hotmail's HTTPS encryption service in foreign countries where freedom of expression is under attack. The Electronic Frontier Foundation said Friday that "Microsoft appears to have turned off the always-use-HTTPS option in Hotmail for...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 0 03-29-2011 12:00 PM
Hotmail users get 'aliases' to battle spam
Hotmail has stolen a rare lead on Google’s Gmail with a new security feature that lets webmail users create temporary email addresses which can later be discarded. The new ‘aliases’ can be used to create up to five secondary email identities that link back to a user’s main email account as...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 1 02-07-2011 02:54 PM
Hotmail syncing to Outlook
My laptop recently crashed and I am having to put my hotmail accounts back up on another computer that has Outlook 03. I had Outlook 07, but I don't have a backup CD and can't figure out how to install 07 w/out paying for it again. So anyways, question...As you know Outlook calendar syncs with...
digital21 Microsoft Office support 2 01-11-2011 04:19 PM