Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help with temporary internet files please!

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  koala 
#1 ·
Hi there, I'm kinda new here, but I have a question about Internet Explorer and a problem I am having with it. I have had this problem for a long time now. It seems that whenever I shut down or reboot my computer, all my temporary internet files delete. This has been getting very annoying for me, especially since I use dial-up. Does anyone know why this is happening, and anyway to fix it? Oh, and it happens when I shut down/reboot NOT when I close the browser.

I am using Win XP and IE6, and any help is appreciated! Thanks. :smile:

#3 ·
Not that I know of, but I am not the only one who uses this computer. But my other family members are computer newbs, I don't think they would remember or even know if they downloaded any kind of app that would do that.

Do you know of any apps that could cause a problem like this?

#4 ·
IE MIGHT be responsible after all, but you have to check.

Tools/Internet Options/Advanced tab

About 3/4 way down there is a check box for "Empty Temp Internet Files when browser is closed"

If it's checked, uncheck it. Someone would have to have done this specifically for it to be checked though.

#5 ·
Nope. I already stated in my first post that it didnt have anything to do with closing the browser, I can close the browser and re-open and it is still fine. It only happens when I reboot/shut down the computer. Are you sure there are no settings that could affect this? Thanks for the help!

#7 ·
Hmm, I loaded that up, but nothing has worked yet so far. There are some programs I don't know of, and I am scared to close them because I'm not sure if they are needed for Windows to run. I will just list the programs that I am not sure of, and please tell me if you know of any that are alright to turn off:

tfswctrl
igfxtray
hkcmd
ps2
opnsite (Open Site)
station
NvMcTray
rgbhdtqm
realsched
NeroCheck (Well actually I think I know what this is)
DVDBitSet
ALCXMNTR
jusched
NvCpl
nwiz
qarbpvmc
wupdt (I think I know what this is)
whsforqh
InvokeSvc3

All help is appreciated! :)

#10 ·
An even longer shot :wink: ... Go to Tools > Internet Options > General tab > Temp Internet Files > Settings button, and make sure the 'amount of disk space to use' isn't set to 0 and the folder location is valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.