Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

Google and YouTube not working

This is a discussion on Google and YouTube not working within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Basically both Google and YouTube are not working on my computer. I have tried going on both websites on Chrome,

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
Registered Member

Basically both Google and YouTube are not working on my computer. I have tried going on both websites on Chrome, IE and Firefox.

Google.com returns a "500 internal server error"
Youtube.com returns "404 not found"

This computer was given to me by my friend and he said it was working fine before, but both websites haven't worked since I've received this computer. I've looked online and haven't found anything on the matter. Any help would be much appreciated.

I believe it may be a virus, but I'm not 100% sure. Also AVG says there is no viruses, however AVG won't let me update it, every time I press Update Now or Fix All nothing happens even though it says it needs to be updated. These 2 problems may be related.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
- Microsoft Support

Start here to be sure the system is clean:
NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

You need to create a new thread in the proper section after reading the post above.

TSF does not support assistance through email or private messages, please keep all questions in the open forum.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:55 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMPC View Post
Start here to be sure the system is clean:
NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

You need to create a new thread in the proper section after reading the post above.
Thanks, I have done this now
Old 12-16-2011, 12:10 PM   #4
Registered Member

Oh yeah, the little captchas aren't working when I go to download off of filesonic and websites like that. Had the same problem on my last computer, but I forgot how I fixed it
Old 12-25-2011, 09:12 AM   #5
Team Manager
-Microsoft Support
-Home Support

Have a look to see if you are using any Proxie settings here's how to remove it.

Then this:

How can I reset the Hosts file back to the default?

Please download Cleanup! and install it.

*NOTE* Cleanup deletes EVERYTHING out of temporary folders and does not make backups.

Open Cleanup! by double-clicking the icon on your desktop (or from the Start > All Programs menu).
Set the program up as follows:

Click "Options..."
Move the arrow down to "Custom CleanUp!"
Put a check next to the following (Make sure nothing else is checked!):
  • Empty Recycle Bins
  • Delete Cookies
  • Delete Prefetch files (if present)
  • Cleanup! All Users
  • Click on the Temporary Files tab and uncheck the box for Scan drives for files matching if it’s checked.
Click OK
Press the CleanUp! button to start the program and Do Not reboot when prompted.

“You can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.” ~ Jim Carrey (Ceremony speech)
Closed Thread