Frustrated!

This is a discussion on Frustrated! within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Can some nice person out there tell me why my Internet Explorer is continually saying (not responding) for at least

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 03:41 AM   #1
Registered Member

Can some nice person out there tell me why my Internet Explorer is continually saying (not responding) for at least an hour when I first go online? Thank you!

Old 09-15-2011, 05:11 AM   #2
Team Manager
-Microsoft Support
-Home Support

Hello and welcome to the forum

What version of IE do you have? also what Service pack are you running?

“You can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.” ~ Jim Carrey (Ceremony speech)
Old 09-15-2011, 05:12 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hi, welcome to TSF.

Firstly, what specs of PC are you using? I know you are using XP, but what Service Pack, what processor etc.
Secondly, is it just saying 'Not Responding' but still running, or it is just not working at all?

Cheers
Old 09-15-2011, 08:46 AM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

'Not Responding'? Or is it just not bringing up web pages?
Old 09-17-2011, 02:58 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go The Power View Post
Hello and welcome to the forum

What version of IE do you have? also what Service pack are you running?
Hi! I'm using XP and service pack 2. I was advised by a work colleague to update to pack 3, which I tried to do but it would not download pack 3 so I'm stuck with pack 2! My broadband is still running when the (not responding) appears next to the internet explorer at the top of my page, everything just stops for anything from a minute to 10 minutes, it comes back on, then goes off again. It usually goes on for up to an hour at a time no matter what time of day I'm online.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:02 AM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy_Jollimore View Post
'Not Responding'? Or is it just not bringing up web pages?
Hi! It just stops although my broadband is still running. Im using service pack 2 as it would not let me download pack 3. It can stop from 1 minute to 10 minutes for the first hour I'm online then after that its no problem!
Old 09-17-2011, 03:14 AM   #7
- Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 8.1 64bit/Ubuntu 14 LTS 64bit via Vm Player

My System

Do you have any toolbars install on IE? If so this can cause instabilities in IE. if you have any uninstalled then in add and remove programs then disable then in IE.

Virus Help
Ubuntu Live CD
PC Running Slow?
Memtest
UBCD
Remember dust buildup in your PC can be a killer!!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:37 AM   #8
TSF Enthusiast

You never mentioned the IE version (In IE, click on 'Help', then 'About...' and it'll give you a version number), but it's probably IE 8.

When it says 'Not Responding', can you close it? Does it work if you re-open it again and try to browse?