Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

Error 80048831 on the new Windows Live

This is a discussion on Error 80048831 on the new Windows Live within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I can't sign in to Windows Live! Every time I try to sign into the Messenger I get the error

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #1
Registered Member

I can't sign in to Windows Live! Every time I try to sign into the Messenger I get the error code 80048831... I've tried going to Google and the Windows Hotmail page just to see if I could log in to my e-mail account that way, but then I just get the page:

The Windows Live Network is unavailable from this site for one of the following reasons:
This site may be experiencing a problem
The site may not be a member of the Windows Live Network
You can:
You can sign in or sign up at other sites on the Windows Live Network, or try again later at this site.

I read somewhere that "this is because your Live ID password has expired, go here to reset it by inputting your ID and cliking I Forgot My Password", but when I follow the link provided by the people who say this, I just get exactly the same message as I've copied and pasted directly above.

Please help, someone!

Old 03-18-2009, 01:55 AM   #2
Registered Member

:( Can't anyone help here?

Old 03-18-2009, 04:37 AM   #3
Registered Member

PLEASE help!!!! This is urgent! I have financial payments I have to make online, the details of which are sent to me through my e-mail address, which I have to make by a certain deadline!!!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 12:51 AM   #4
Registered Member

From the given error code it seems that you are entering the wrong password and if your password is hacked then please contact the support staff of the Windows live.
They will provide all the necessary information to you.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:01 AM   #5
Registered Member

I am getting the same thing! When I click the link to "FORGET PASSWORD" The page loads, then loads again for some reason, and in the end it takes me to the same thing you're getting. IDK whats going on but i even made this stupid acc just to figure out whats going on...