Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

Download has a virus, file deleted - ALL THE TIME

This is a discussion on Download has a virus, file deleted - ALL THE TIME within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Since May 22nd I have had this problem of when I download a file the pop-up at the bottom of

Old 06-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #1
Registered Member

Since May 22nd I have had this problem of when I download a file the pop-up at the bottom of the page tells me that the download contains a virus and was deleted. I have run Microsoft Safety Scanner, downloaded to a thumb drive from another computer. No help. Microsoft Security Essentials is corrupted I cannot install it because I can't uninstall the original install or it detects the new download as having a virus and deleted it from the thumb drive. Needing some help here.
Thanks.

Old 06-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 7 Pro, ME, Vista. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000 & 98SE

We recommend that you read this article…
NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help
follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support Forum section of the forum.
(Simply, click on the colored links to be re-directed.)

Please ensure that you create a new thread in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support ForumForum; not back here in this one.

When carrying out The Malware Removal Steps, if you cannot complete any of them for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed.
However,it is extremely important to make mention of the fact that you could not complete any of the steps in your post to the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support Forum Forum; where an Analyst will assist you with other workarounds.

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Corday is offline   Reply With Quote