Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

Can't Print Web Pages with IE8

This is a discussion on Can't Print Web Pages with IE8 within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Have done a quick search but haven't found anything on this problem. I recently upgraded to IE8 and by and

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 08:55 AM   #1
Registered Member

Have done a quick search but haven't found anything on this problem.

I recently upgraded to IE8 and by and large all is OK. However have just found that I can't preview or print web pages (there may be other issues I haven't come across yet).

First noticed it today when I was going through some airline fare sites but thought it might just be a site issue. However, have just booked a flight and when I tried the Print Now option on the confirmation page same thing happened.

If I click Preview I get a blank page displayed and if I select Print just blank paper is spewed out.

Did a bit of browsing and there have been references to this on other sites but no solution, also most were referring to IE Beta.

Seems a very basic problem for Microsoft to miss.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:13 AM   #2
Registered Member

even i had this problem........
try the compatibility mode on the ie8 and choose "print preview".......then select "shrink to fit".......

Old 04-02-2009, 06:28 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for the fix, seems to be working like a charm. Not seen this fix mentioned anywhere else.

Care to expand what compatability mode in IE8 actually does?

Thanks
Old 07-21-2009, 07:01 PM   #4
Registered Member

I had the exact same problem and I read online that if you uninstall MSIA, (Microsoft Software Inventory Analyzer) which I did have on my XP PC, printing from IE8 would then work fine. So I uninstalled MSIA and IE8 prints perfectly fine now.