Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

can't login @ hotmail

This is a discussion on can't login @ hotmail within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi, since yesterday i havent' been able to log into my hotmail-account when i type in my username and password

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 08:35 AM   #1
Registered Member

hi,

since yesterday i havent' been able to log into my hotmail-account
when i type in my username and password and click the login-button, i get a blank screen for a few seconds and then the well-known "can't display the page" screen. pressing the "renew" button doesn't help and strange thing is, i've tried to access it on several computers now (another one at my home, one at my grandparents house, so it doesn't have anything to do with the computer/router/isp/spyware/...) and i can't login on any off them.
also, when i use outlook express to check my mail from the hotmail-account, he doesn't give any errors

anyone know what to do, cause i'm pretty desperate because school starts this monday and i won't be able to check my mails at college if the problem isn't solved

tnx in advance

Old 09-19-2004, 09:05 AM   #2
Registered Member

Thumbs Down

i as well am having the same problem with hotmail. i can login into my messenger and it works fine. it tells me how many emails i have but i just can't access the emails. when i try to login it goes to a blank screen and then times out, and an error window come up saying "connection failure has occurred". i have tried to access it on other computers and it does the same thing, and all of my friends, family can access their accounts on my computer, yet i simply cannot.

please help
thank you in advance.

Old 09-20-2004, 09:56 AM   #3
Registered Member

I also have been having the same problem. What is really stupid is that I access a few different hotmail accounts and I am only having a problem with one of them. This started on Friday 9/17 for me and continues into today. I log in and I wait and wait and then a white screen with generic setting info and a note down the bottom that mentions a server problem. It isn’t an issue with my setting because again I can access other hotmail accounts and I also get my same problem at other computer locations. I can get my e-mail at home through outlook express and I also can log into "My MSN" and I get recognized by MSN and I see my message titles, but I cant open them. What’s going on???
Old 09-20-2004, 11:55 AM   #4
Registered Member

Hey. Now my problem started on the 17th too so maybe we got the same issue here. Hotmail sent me this email,

"MSN Hotmail is currently encountering technical difficulties with the machine that stores your account. Again, we apologize for this inconvenience and assure you that we are working to remedy this situation and hope to have it resolved soon. "

And now it is fixed after three days. So yours should be okay soon, cause from what you said we had the exact problem.

Good luck.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:10 PM   #5
Registered Member

Magically, the problem seems to have been corrected.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:57 PM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Send a message via AIM to DumberDrummer Send a message via Yahoo to DumberDrummer
Magic had nothing to do with it

M$ had a bug in their servers that caused them to crash.

Wouldn't it be the ultimate irony if M$ used Apache on their servers..

Living with Louie dog's the only way to stay sane
Old 09-21-2004, 12:40 AM   #7
Registered Member

I can access my account again, so it was definitely a crash or something on one of their servers