Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

cant edit favourites

SOLVED 
2K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  Masterchiefxx17 
#1 ·
ok, i have a pryon tower running windows 10 64 bit system. i was trying to delete some old sites listed in my favourites on IE10 what i'm finding happening is if i right click and delete it, a few seconds later it reapears. i tried using "organise favourites" and the same thing is happening i delete then it comes back a few seconds later. is this some kind of setting problem? i'm not sure where to look or if i'm overlooking something simple. can anyone help?:banghead:

#3 ·
deleting old favourites

i seem to have lost my previous post on this so i'll repost. i have a pryon tower running windows 10 with a 64 bit system. i'm using IE11, but i have a problem with deleting old favs. if i right click on one and use the delete, it goes but reappears a few seconds later. if i use the "organise favourites" it still does the same thing. they reappear a few seconds after deing deleted. i tried moving the favs into a newly created folder and deleting the folder, but all that does is leave a new folder (empty) and they still come back on the list. is this a settings problem? if so i don't know where to look. can you help me? :banghead:

#7 ·
yes i'm using IE11 when i click on favs, a drop box opens with both folders containing similar sites. eg recipe sites. under the folders are single sites that are of random content. i cant delete any site listed in the drop box directly, but i can delete a site from within a folder. but b4 you say it, i did open a new folder and moved the sites i wanted deleted into it then deleted the folder, or tried to.all that accomplished was to empty the folder. then the sites regenerated in the main drop box with a new unwanted folder i'd just made

#9 ·
before i do that, there seems to another problem arisen. it will export favs to a file onto a removable drive (stick) but when i check to see if everythings there it doesnt show them listed, even though putting the stick into my laptop shows that all the favs are listed. i'm frightened that after reseting IE i wont be able to import the favs back if theres something else wrong that prevents it

#10 ·
hey!!! i think i've stumbled onto something. while checking the laptop that is synched to my comp, i found the same files there in favs i wanted deleted. so i deleted them on the laptop and they dissapeared on this comp. problem solved?? not sure what that means, as i added those favs on this comp only and they migrated to the laptop. the laptop wasnt running when i attempted to delete favs on this comp.. what are your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.