Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

Can't connect to Internet

This is a discussion on Can't connect to Internet within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My Dell inspiron 1545 laptop with windows 7 was working fine wirelessly this morning but now I can't access any

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
Registered Member

My Dell inspiron 1545 laptop with windows 7 was working fine wirelessly this morning but now I can't access any site except google. If i google something then click on it I get "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page" when i click on diagnose problems it says "Troubleshooting couldn't identify problem" When i try Additonal options I can't get anywhere other than cannot display the webpage. I'm not very computer savy and my tech support that I paid for ran out. I'm using my work computer to access this site. Any suggestions would be great but please assume your talking to a small child. Thanks for any help!!!
Jen

Old 01-18-2012, 07:10 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 7 Pro, ME, Vista. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000 & 98SE

Since you're a novice, I'm not going to recommend the usual fixes that might or might not work Pinging, resetting DNS, install FF, etc.) In IE View delete the Google toolbar. In IE options change the homepage to blank. If not solved, call your ISP since their service is free. If they say you might be infected with the redirect virus or similar suggestion Then>

We recommend that you read this article…
NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum
follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support Forum section of the forum.
(Simply, click on the colored links to be re-directed.)

Please ensure that you create a new thread in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support ForumForum; not back here in this one.

When carrying out The Malware Removal Steps, if you cannot complete any of them for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed.
However,it is extremely important to make mention of the fact that you could not complete any of the steps in your post to the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support Forum Forum; where an Analyst will assist you with other workarounds.

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Closed Thread