Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

Browser keeps locking up

This is a discussion on Browser keeps locking up within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, its taken me ages to decide which forum to post in but i think most of the problems i

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 02:04 PM   #1
TSF Articles Team

My System

Send a message via MSN to Deejay100six

Hi, its taken me ages to decide which forum to post in but i think most of the problems i been having are perhaps IE related. I may have to go to hjt or hardware but before i start compiling umpteen logs maybe someone can give me some pointers based on this info. I have been advised that i need more memory and maybe that would solve some of it but funds dont allow at the moment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	System Information.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	23839

Some screenshots of whats been happening ;

Name:	untitled.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	23840 no background?

Name:	Stuck browser.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	23841 Stuck?

Name:	browser stuck.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	23842 and again. Wondered if that googlesyndication thing at the bottom was spyware.

I did have a trojan recently, its in avg quarantine at the moment, maybe i need a visit to hjt to make sure it didn't do any damage.

Don't know if this is connected but latest was an undelivered email 108kb in size and containing page after page of some kind of code but im not sure how to post details of this. It has been scanned but only by avg.

Hope someone can be of assistance.

Deejay.

Dont know what i did now but that post dont look right.

Submit New Articles Here Help us by posting your System Specs

Save the Earth........ It's the only planet with Chocolate!!
Old 02-21-2008, 11:24 PM   #2
Manager, TSF Articles

My System

Send a message via MSN to JohnthePilot

Hi DJ. You are pushing it with 256M RAM. I've just sold 2G on ebay for £20 so it's not that expensive.
Have you tried clearing your caches? Go to Internet Options and delete all the temporary internet files. If there is still no improvement, you may have to post a DSS log.

Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Old 02-22-2008, 02:42 AM   #3
Team Manager
-Microsoft Support
-Home Support

Quote:
I did have a trojan recently, its in avg quarantine at the moment, maybe i need a visit to hjt to make sure it didn't do any damage.
What was the name of the infection?

Do you have these problems in any other browsers? Please try one of the below (both are free):

Firefox
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
Opera
http://www.opera.com/

“You can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.” ~ Jim Carrey (Ceremony speech)
Old 02-22-2008, 10:53 AM   #4
TSF Articles Team

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnthePilot View Post
Hi DJ. You are pushing it with 256M RAM. I've just sold 2G on ebay for £20 so it's not that expensive.
Have you tried clearing your caches? Go to Internet Options and delete all the temporary internet files. If there is still no improvement, you may have to post a DSS log.
Hi John, not been on Ebay for ages i know you can get some bargains, got this 19 inch crt for £8.50 about 6 months ago and couple quid petrol to go pick it up, mate of mine used to build and sell custom built rigs and he comments on what a bargain it was every time he comes round.

Still trying to get my head round memory and i know if i go to crucial they will tell me what i need but surely they only list memory for me to buy from them, ie serial number that is unique to their product, if i go on ebay how do i know what to look for? Or is it as simple as ddr1 or 2 etc? I am going to post a dss log anyway so i can rule that out but i think maybe it will all be down to memory. Out of work just now and my wife and i are completely useless with money, we are coppering up every week to buy credit for gas /electric. Got myself totally addicted to computers now so maybe if i can leave it switched off long enough i might have more time to find some work.

Ok, getting off subject a bit now. @ Go the power thanks, got firefox now so lets see how that goes, bit like going back to school but dont suppose its that much different to ie. Trojan horse SHeur.ATVC is what i found in sviewpro.exe which has since been uninstalled, left it in quarantine in case any analysts wanted details, do you think i should just get rid?

Had a read of Glaswegians article in gen security and think i got carried away, had a list of processes as long as your arm so booted all that stuff out now so hopefully that will make a difference.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:48 PM   #5
Team Manager
-Microsoft Support
-Home Support

Lets make sure you are not still infected:

Hello and welcome to TSF

I would recommend that you go here; read and follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, to here. (Just click on the coloured links.)

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

Good luck

Please also remember DO NOT post your logs in this thread, please start a new thread here. (Just click on the coloured link.) and post the logs.

“You can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.” ~ Jim Carrey (Ceremony speech)
Old 02-22-2008, 02:23 PM   #6
Manager, TSF Articles

My System

Send a message via MSN to JohnthePilot

As far as memory is concerned, your manual should tell you what type of memory you can use. If you buy off ebay, just make sure it's a reputable make. Sorry about your financial situation. I can appreciate how difficult it must be.

Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Old 02-24-2008, 10:06 AM   #7
TSF Articles Team

My System

No, i'm sorry for bringing such despair to the forums, i feel compelled to explain myself from time to time as my situation makes me feel like a scrounger.

@GTP posted dss logs etc just this morning and its already on page 3, thanks very much for your help.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:26 PM   #8
Team Manager
-Microsoft Support
-Home Support

Quote:
No, i'm sorry for bringing such despair to the forums, i feel compelled to explain myself from time to time as my situation makes me feel like a scrounger.
no need for apologies, this is what the forum is for.

Quote:
@GTP posted dss logs etc just this morning and its already on page 3, thanks very much for your help.
yea they are very busy in the HJT section

Closed Thread