Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

ALL internet images = pixelated.

This is a discussion on ALL internet images = pixelated. within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey, Recently I've had the problem that all, yes literally ALL, of the images on my internet browser (internet explorer)

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 01:50 PM   #1
Registered Member

Thumbs Down

Hey,
Recently I've had the problem that all, yes literally ALL, of the images on my internet browser (internet explorer) have become blurred/pixelated, this has been occuring for the best part of 2-3 days now and i cannot find a solution.

My computer is an 'Acer Aspire 5551-A' laptop if that helps.

I have not downloaded anything recently prior to the problem

I have been looking for solutions on forums such as these and the following does not help:
Go to Tools>internet options>advanced>multimedia>check the 'show pictures' box

I have tried using a 'System Restore' to restore my system to before the problem started occuring but this did not work.

the closest solution i can find is on the following link:
http://leadingedgescripts.co.uk/web-development/internet-explorer-displaying-jagged-pixelated-images-on-high-dpi-screens/
However, when i right click my destop, there is NO 'properties' option.

I have also tried adjusting my 'screen resolution' to the maximum possible output to no avail (the resolution was already set to max)

This is becoming increasing frustrating as I tend to used social networking sites such as Facebook on a regular basis, which obviously contain lots of images, in which all the images are pixelated

Please, if you have any idea of how to sort out my problem, respond to my plea, I have searched myself for a solution for a number of hours now and I cannot find a sufficient solution so I NEED your help.

Any suggestion would be greatly Appriciated,
Thank you
CrystalChords

Old 03-26-2011, 02:08 PM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 7 Pro, ME, Vista. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000 & 98SE

Could be the video card is going. Send a screen shot so we can see exactly what the problem looks like.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:58 PM   #3
Registered Member

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I don't know if thats clear or not but the picture on the left is opened from my 'Pictures' file on my hardrive, whereas the picture on the right is a print screen from the same photo on the internet. There is a clear distortion of the right hand picture compared with the left.

The right hand pictured USED to be crystal clear, just like the left hand side one and along with all the other internet images.

P.S. sorry for the vainity of the photo but it was taken with a DSLR camera so is an exellent example of the pixelation that is occuring

thanks
Old 03-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #4
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 7 Pro, ME, Vista. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000 & 98SE

Being color blind, I'm probably the worst candidate to give the best answerer, but I did go to the large Image Shack version and I would suggest adding pixels to the original and replacing the posted one. If there's still a difference update your graphic drivers. Finally, if no result, Right click Desktop>Properties>Settings>Advanced>General>DPI Settings>select a size, OK and restart computer. Now go into the Registry and add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
UseHR= dword:00000001
UseHR is correct, not User.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:56 PM   #5
- Microsoft Support
- Networking

If you open a high quality photo saved on your computer and view it at 100% is it still blurry or pixelated? Have you gone to other websites (maybe a photography site with good photos) and checked for the same problems?

Have any other web browsers installed that you can compare to?
Click your Start button, go to Accessories, then System Tools and Select Internet Explorer (no Addons). Any difference?

Answers to a few of those questions might point to either how you have your video card/screen resolution/Advanced settings, set or a browser setting.

Also, you can't compare the quality of a "print screen" image to a photo taken with a digital camera. They have 2 completely different DPI resolutions.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:20 AM   #6
Registered Member

Thumbs Down

Sorry for making a new thread for this, the previous one (same content) was no longer able to post on for some reason? it may have been locked but I still haven't been able to find a solution to my problem even with the comments on the previous thread.
Hey,
Recently I've had the problem that all, yes literally ALL, of the images on my internet browser (internet explorer) have become blurred/pixelated, this has been occuring for the best part of 2-3 days now and i cannot find a solution.

My computer is an 'Acer Aspire 5551-A' laptop if that helps.

I have not downloaded anything recently prior to the problem

I have been looking for solutions on forums such as these and the following does not help:
Go to Tools>internet options>advanced>multimedia>check the 'show pictures' box

I have tried using a 'System Restore' to restore my system to before the problem started occuring but this did not work.

the closest solution i can find is on the following link:
http://leadingedgescripts.co.uk/web-development/internet-explorer-displaying-jagged-pixelated-images-on-high-dpi-screens/
However, when i right click my destop, there is NO 'properties' option.

I have also tried adjusting my 'screen resolution' to the maximum possible output to no avail (the resolution was already set to max)

This is becoming increasing frustrating as I tend to used social networking sites such as Facebook on a regular basis, which obviously contain lots of images, in which all the images are pixelated

Please, if you have any idea of how to sort out my problem, respond to my plea, I have searched myself for a solution for a number of hours now and I cannot find a sufficient solution so I NEED your help.

Any suggestion would be greatly Appriciated,
Thank you
CrystalChords

sounds like a download speed enhancer , thats what they used to do
what browser are you using ?
have you tried a different browser - download google chrome and try that
Google Chrome - Get a fast new browser. For PC, Mac and Linux