Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Internet Explorer Forum

Ad links keep appearing in browser back button

This is a discussion on Ad links keep appearing in browser back button within the Internet Explorer Forum forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i just followed the steps on another malware issue i was having link the issue with the malware was resolved

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 08:41 AM   #1
Registered Member

i just followed the steps on another malware issue i was having

link

the issue with the malware was resolved but now i have more issues.

ISSUE#1
i am able to navigate the web on internet explorer. however, for many sites that i visit, when i click the "back" button, nothing happens. i usually have to click it twice to actually go back.

so i looked to see why, and i right clicked on the "back" button to see what previous sites it would take me back to, and the first site listed is a link to an ad (not the same one every time).

ISSUE#2
on most sites that i visit, i now see various "page cannot be displayed" areas on parts of pages. there will also be red x's on certain ads on various pages. why is this? is it normal?

ISSUE#3
I actually feel it's taking longer to load up sites than before the resolution performed above. did some of the programs i installed during the resolution cause my navigation process to slow down?

can you please help to resolve. thanks, much appreciated.

Old 08-12-2008, 04:12 AM   #2
Team Manager
-Microsoft Support
-Home Support

maybe you better ask tetonbob in your hjt thread about issue one, just to make sure that you are free of malware

“You can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.” ~ Jim Carrey (Ceremony speech)
Old 08-17-2008, 04:19 PM   #3
Registered Member

I have exactly the same problem, have XP pro sp3 IE7 (was the same with IE6) have run McAffee anti virus, Ad-aware and Spybot, all run error free, and still get exactly the same symptoms as MPKTHECPA.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:35 AM   #4
Team Manager
-Microsoft Support
-Home Support

Hello and welcome to TSF

I would recommend that you go here; read and follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, to here. (Just click on the coloured links.)

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

Good luck

Please also remember DO NOT post your logs in this thread, please start a new thread here. (Just click on the coloured link.) and post the logs.

“You can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.” ~ Jim Carrey (Ceremony speech)
Closed Thread