Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What zzzzzzzi call pop over advertising

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  tetonbob 
#1 ·
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: AMD E-450 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 20 Model 2 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3686 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6320 Graphics, 384 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 465190 MB, Free - 292101 MB; D: Total - 11196 MB, Free - 1332 MB; H: Total - 953836 MB, Free - 388246 MB; I: Total - 476936 MB, Free - 475211 MB; J: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 331329 MB; K: Total - 953866 MB, Free - 582925 MB; L: Total - 953833 MB, Free - 145781 MB;
Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, 2AD1

Does anybody know how to disable or stop what I call “Pop Over” advertising
This is where the entire screen is covered by an ad for a product or service and it tells you either to “click on X to close” or You have xx second until it returns you to the Web page. They are getting more and more prevalent

#2 ·
Hello bac0926,

My name is Tolga and I will assist you with your malware related problems.

Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.

:arrowr: If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.
:arrowr: First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.
:arrowr: Please download to and run all requested tools from your Desktop.
:arrowr: Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.
:arrowr: If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.
:arrowr: Do not run any other scans without instruction or add/remove software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.
:arrowr: Post all logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.
:arrowr: If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.
:arrowr: Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.
:arrowr: My native language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.

Now, let's get started, shall we?

Please do the following steps.

STEP 1

Please download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop.

:arrowr: Do NOT click the green 'Download' button(if visible).
:arrowr: Click the blue 'Download now @bleepingcomputer' button.
:arrowr: Run AdwCleaner and select Scan
:arrowr: Once the Scan is done, select Cleaning
:arrowr: Once done it will ask to reboot, please allow the reboot.
:arrowr: On reboot, a log will be produced. It can also be found at C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C#].txt
:arrowr: Please copy/paste the contents of the log in your next reply.

=========================================================
STEP 2

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

:arrowr: Double-click FRST64 to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
:arrowr: Make sure the Addition.txt button is ticked.
:arrowr: Press Scan button.
:arrowr: It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
:arrowr: The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

#4 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.