Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help

Virus

This is a discussion on Virus within the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Ok my computer has been acting slow and programs are not opening like they should (I need to use Microsoft

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 07:26 AM   #1
Registered Member

Ok my computer has been acting slow and programs are not opening like they should (I need to use Microsoft office 2010 word which is installed on my computer but it won't open at all). Also my Internet browser hasn't been working properly either (I'm not as concerned about this since I have an iPod touch that I use to get online with.

I have tried 4 different antivirus programs: avg, malwarebytes anti malware, super antispyware, and windows security essentials. Now I have deleted one before installing another because having more then 1 causes them to interfere with each other. Non of the programs show that there is anything wrong with my pc. I have used all 4 in regular mode as well as safe mode with no luck. So what could be causing my problems and how do I fix it. Your help is appreciated. If you need any more info just ask.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
Security Team
Moderator, Analyst
Rangemaster, TSF Academy

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new thread, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help Forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

If you need immediate help, please take the machine to a local repair shop.

------------------------------------------------------

Proud member of UNITE

Closed Thread