Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help

Should I be worried?

This is a discussion on Should I be worried? within the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I class myself pretty experienced with computers, and had my fair share of viruses, so after I decided to uninstall

Old 07-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
Registered Member

I class myself pretty experienced with computers, and had my fair share of viruses, so after I decided to uninstall McAfee a couple of months ago, I havn't bothered installing a new anti-virus software. I suppose I thought I'm not stupid enough to download a virus.

As you can probably guess by now, I recently ran a malwarebytes scan (the first in many weeks), It detected and removed several infected files. Print screen here: http://puu.sh/H9yE
(Sorry, I CBA to type all that.)
I ran it again to make sure no viruses were left, and have now installed AVG Free.

BUT what worries me is the "Stolen.Data", its self explanatory really. I have logged onto internet banking a couple of times, and of course various other websites.
Do I need to change bank info etc?

Dan

Old 07-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #2
Registered Member

People seem to be posting the logs, here's mine:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Trial) 1.61.0.1400
Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware, anti-virus and spyware removal download

Database version: v2012.07.07.06

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS
Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421
Dan :: DAN-PC [administrator]

Protection: Enabled

07/07/2012 18:03:30
mbam-log-2012-07-07 (18-03-30).txt

Scan type: Full scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 564757
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 40 minute(s), 52 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 1
HKCU\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\SrvID (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 4
C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\Access File\Worker\rpcminer-cpu.exe (PUP.BitCoinMiner) -> No action taken.
C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\dllhost.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\WindowsUpdate.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\update (Stolen.Data) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

(end)

Old 07-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
Administrator
Management Team, Security Center & TSF Academy
Expert Analyst, Moderator, Security Team
Rangemaster, Moderator, TSF Academy

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Hi Dan,

It's always a good idea to be pro-active and change all passwords when you see anything like that.

Based on those detections, a more thorough look should be given. Please follow the instructions in our pre-posting topic New Instructions - Read This Before Posting for Malware Removal Help and post the requested logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Microsoft MVP - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

"It is one life whether we spend it laughing or weeping." "Take the time to laugh--it is the music of the soul."
Ried is offline   Reply With Quote