Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinnacle Game Profiler

4K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  erisc 
#1 ·
I installed Pinnacle Game Profiler from download.cnet.com, using the Direct Download Link. Bad idea. After installation, I was prompted to restart my computer, so I did. After logging in, I was bombarded by error messages. Lots and lots of stuff not working. It looked like some of it was AVG related, which I have installed. I checked, and sure enough, AVG wasn't running.

I had created a system restore point before downloading the program, just in case. Unfortuantely, doing it didn't change anything. I tried using Add/Remove Programs to uinstall it, but clicking the Change/Remove button didn't do anything. And I couldn't launch any programs, although the only ones I tried were Firefox, Photoshop, and Media Player Classic.

Currently, I'm on Linux Mint 15 until I get this fixed. Doing some research, I found that Pinnacle Game Profiler frequently triggers false alarms with anti-virus software, but I couldn't find any evidence of it being malware. And I'll be happy to do the DDS with logs thing if people here think it's necessary at this stage.

Anyone know how to fix this?

#2 ·
I have an important update. I am unable to run dds.scr and gmer.exe, so a response for what to do at this point would be greatly appreciated.

Here are the aforementioned errors messages I now get after starting up, which has been happening ever since installing Pinnacle Game Profiler. As you can see, some of them pop up more than once, and as I mentioned in the last post, there are a lot of them:

"ALCWZRD.EXE - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point _except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll."

"ALCMTR.EXE - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point _except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll."

"UpdaterStartupUtility.exe - Entry Point Not Found

"NvBackend.exe - Entry Point Not Found

"vprot.exe - Entry Point Not Found

"AdobeARM.exe - Entry Point Not Found

"avgui.exe - Entry Point Not Found

"CS6ServiceManager.exe - Entry Point Not Found

"CS6ServiceManager.exe - Entry Point Not Found

Under Add/Remove Programs, clicking the Remove button for Daemon Tools and uTorrent seemingly had no effect. However, after restarting, I received the following error (in addition to the "Entry Point Not Found" errors):
"DLite
Error: core library wasn't found."

After trying to run dds.scr, I got the following error:
"dds.scr - Entry Point Not Found

After trying to run gmer.exe, I got the blue screen of death and my computer turned off. After turning it back on, I got the following message three times in a row (in addition to the "Entry Point Not Found" errors):
"Microsoft Windows
The system has recovered from a serious error.

A log of this error has been created.

Please tell Microsoft about this problem.
We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve
Microsoft Windows. We will treat this report as confidential and
anonymous.

To see what data this error report contains, click here."

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.